What do you want in the next digital M?

IkarusJohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Makes little sense to compare M to SL bodies indeed. What some people would like is a rangefinder w/o the drawbacks of optical rangefinders. Not including me i must say but i would be interested in a digital rangefinder if it is possible to make one.

• Like 2

Makes little sense to compare M to SL bodies indeed. What some people would like is a rangefinder w/o the drawbacks of optical rangefinders. Not including me i must say but i would be interested in a digital rangefinder if it is possible to make one.

same here 

It is not really comparing, it is looking for alternatives if a system shows serious drawbacks for the use one intends it for.

It is not really comparing [...]

Really? ;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

No it can be bigger  , but a Canon 50 1.4 is not very big

Are you referring to this Canon lens to compare with Leica 50mm 1.4?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/12140-USA/Canon_2515A003_50mm_f_1_4_USM_Autofocus.html

I cry foul... :(

Seriously I would like to know whether they are equivalent in your usage? (I know that in my usage they are not comparable). If they are not equivalent in your usage then the comparison is moot.

Engineering design is all about compromises....