Do Digilux 2 photos have distinctive look?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

... about the only RAW processor I have found for the DL3 is Silkypix and that is pretty primitive.....

Digilux 2 raw´s are handled very well in Lightroom, and so are Digilux 3 ones, it seems (I´ve only one Digilux 3 shot in my library, and that is from a demo at a dealer´s; the Digilux 2 I own and use extensively).

Both kinds of raw can also be previewed in Mac OS 10.5 (and 10.6) without problems.

Edited by elgenper

Digilux 2 raw´s are handled very well in Lightroom, and so are Digilux 3 ones, it seems (I´ve only one Digilux 3 shot in my library, and that is from a demo at a dealer´s; the Digilux 2 I own and use extensively).

Both kinds of raw can also be previewed in Mac OS 10.5 (and 10.6) without problems.

Thanks Elginper I have steered clear of using RAW with this camera partly for this reason.

My back yard

ISO 100

f2.0

1/40s

I love the Digilux 2.

Thanks for looking,

John

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

More baby pics...

It's funny because I never liked it when people incessantly posted pictures of their kids and now I've become one of them :p

Thought you might be interested because I used a Nikon SB800 mounted on the hot shoe to light it. SB800 was set to Automatic mode. Camera only seemed to fire it when shutter was set to Automatic and aperture set manually.

I was pleasantly surprised that it worked so well

Flash bounced off of the ceiling

10-8-09_18.jpg

Bounced off the wall camera right

10-8-09_30.jpg

again bounced off wall

7622_148006748900_842533900_2566139_5964109_n.jpg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

An arbor at either Vancouver's Van Dusen or Seattle's Botanical garden.

A walk in Antwerp Middelheim Park on a rainy day, with my D2.

Tried to capture a glimpse these great artists work with several cameras,

during the 8 years I live nearby. This is my first attempt with a Leica :)

Never got this close to what I felt watching the statues.

All shots handheld and with wife and child waiting ;)

I am not sure whether this picture displays a distinctive look; but my Digilux 2 is the camera of choice when it comes to intimate detail shots like this leaf, taken in my garden today. My M8 has far from banished my D2 to a cupboard life!

I thought limited DOF would emphasize the 'explosion' of colors, but I'm probably wrong.

A client just made a Facebook profile and linked to a slideshow I did a year ago. I had a look and was actually blown away by the look of the images. If someone else had done it, I would feel tempted to ask what camera it was made with, but as I shot it all I happen to know which :rolleyes: and it's 98% Digilux 2 shots, if not all 100%.

overgaard.dk - Thorsten Overgaard Official Homepage

I'm sure that Thorsten will answer for himself on this one, but I've recently bought an LC1 (second time around) and this time forced myself to use the EVF and learn where all the buttons are by feel - it's taken a bit of time but to be honest I find the EVF better than people give it credit for, and find that using the camera in manual mode but with the live histogram is very effective. I also find that the extra stability of being able to hold the camera against my spectacles means that surprisingly slow shutter speeds (1/8 sec) are often possible.

As for the "look", I do rather like what I'm getting from the LC1 despite it's age and limited high ISO ability. For me, the best think about this camera is not just the "look", but the fact that I just want to pick it up, use it, and try new things - it's a great learning tool.

Some of my shots when walking around London over the past 2/3 weeks:

673538541_K3hY2-L.jpg

682442047_LP3yW-L.jpg

682442529_amFLS-L.jpg

682443017_iomAz-L.jpg

Another D2 pic from Cheltenham, UK

• Like 1

Fabulous collection of photographs Thorsten, I seem to find it difficult to get sharp images with my D2, Do you use the EVF when shooting as its something I have never got used to using

I always use the EVF and like the preview as it allows me to check highlights and shadows (exposure) without having to remove my eye from the viewfinder. All the information I need is in there.

As for focus, it's important to lock the focus first, then shoot. If you simply press the shutter, the AF will focus, then shoot, which will give a delay. And if the AF has trouble finding a focus (even surface, dark, smoke or disturbing light), it will timeout and simply shoot after a while, resulting in out of focus photos.

So get the rhythm of pressing the shutter half down, see the green light turn on (and not blinking), then press the shutter. This can also be used to focus on something say close by, lock the focus on that, then refocus and thus get DOF background.

Ok. I've decided to walk away from my M8 and its medium-format-like quality for a while and depend back on the LC1 for the ability to shoot nice and wide street shots.

The more miles I put on this thing, the less it lets me down.

Here are a couple more:

4027895991_4aef55390e_b.jpg

3715532187_9ece013aa1_b.jpg