Do Digilux 2 photos have distinctive look?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

More cars :o

These are for elansprint72 if he is still following the thread ;)

First:

ISO 200

F2.0

1/15th (handheld)

Custom white balance for daylight balanced fluorescent

Second:

ISO 200

F2.1

1/8th (handheld)

Custom white balance - set for compact fluorescent but shot under daylight balanced fluorescent

Just got here, sorry for the delay. The blue car looks familiar, who is the owner? :)

Guest stnami
Seem to recall some distinctive Mardi shots, were they not D2? :cool:
.....nah that was because of my intimate involvement with Raelene ............not the camera:D:D:D

Thank you for your kind comments - they are much appreciated!

Per: Very well spotted! In fact, my wife and three daughters all have – more or less – that hair style :-)

Torben: No, the shot was taken with manual focus in A-mode with f1/2.8 and 90mm (eq.). White balance in B&W mode (jpeg).

I use for this shot the Elpro lens for macro. Shot in RAW.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Why? Because of DOF or how?

I often wonder why people judge the value or perception of aesthetic values purely in technical terms? True, my reference to a comparison with another system suggests this viewpoint; in fact more often it is some intangible quality mirrored in the thread title.

Wow, like the Beatles once put it, it´s getting better all the time!

Olch, these are wonderful. The light and atmosphere in the second one is absolutely lovely.

Tak, Per

just learning on how to shot with LC-1 ) found that AF does not lock when in serial shot mode ...is this it should be ?

I often wonder why people judge the value or perception of aesthetic values purely in technical terms? True, my reference to a comparison with another system suggests this viewpoint; in fact more often it is some intangible quality mirrored in the thread title.

I don't think Thorsten's questions were intended as a "challenge" to your opinion. I too have been returning to this thread hoping for your answer as I really didn't understand what you were trying to say.

Your opinion is valuable and I hope you'll expand on your thoughts. It's worth discussing.

JT

Tak, Per

just learning on how to shot with LC-1 ) found that AF does not lock when in serial shot mode ...is this it should be ?

Actually, hardly ever used serial mode, and the camera isn´t with me right now, so I don´t know.

Let´s hope Thorsten chimes in; he´s using it all the time AFAIK.

I don't think Thorsten's questions were intended as a "challenge" to your opinion. I too have been returning to this thread hoping for your answer as I really didn't understand what you were trying to say.

Your opinion is valuable and I hope you'll expand on your thoughts. It's worth discussing.

JT

John, I certainly didn't take offence at any remarks. Returning to my original posting, it merely reflected the emotional impact the reference picture had on me at the time I first viewed it. Today I might feel differently about it. That is why I use the word 'intangible' because it is often difficult to define one's feelings in purely concrete terms.

My original comment referred to the appearance to me of a regal crown viewed from above. Hence my use of the word 'majestic' used purely as a metaphor. Others may not see it that way. In my view there is no right and wrong way in subjective criticism. I hope that helps clarify my comments for you.