M9 FW v1.116 available...

mby

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To me there's no urgency in neither a new firmware nor an M10+...

Michael, I fully understand you. But pls allow others to express their comments and hopes ;)

I have many friends interested in entering "M" too, but they decided to wait and observe. Because of all that we discuss here.

Can you outline what you did in Lightroom to correct for the red corners with the 15mm Voigtlander lens?

Dennis, I plan to create new thread with more detailed description in about week.

But briefly - I created 3 gradients - from left, right, and bottom - all they change is selecting COLOR with parameters like saturation ~20 and hue - I have versions with 60, 120, 220. Plus very small area with brush bottom left, also with COLOR added.

Sizes of gradients are half of frame each. They are exactly vertical and horizontal. No other angles.

Different photos (eg. snow vs inside) need different hues. But so far - I don't have a photo - where above pattern would not work!

What I want to do in coming days is - making more photos with 15mm coded, and trying then in LR once again. Maybe there will be less to do!

I have many friends interested in entering "M" too, but they decided to wait and observe. Because of all that we discuss here.

- which tells more about the impact of the Internet than about the qualities of the camera in question.:rolleyes:

Michael, I fully understand you. But pls allow others to express their comments and hopes ;)

I have many friends interested in entering "M" too, but they decided to wait and observe. Because of all that we discuss here. (...)

Dear Jerry,

Agreed. - And please don't get me wrong, I am perfectly happy with my M9 as it is now(!), I don't have any urgent needs for updates, upgrades and the like. Can and do most highly recommend it!

Best regards,

Michael

P.S.: When looking at the D-Lux firmware issues in v2.1, it took Leica eight days to create a fix and release it with v2.2 at end of last year...

Yes, but then:

Yet each man kills the thing he loves

By each let this be heard,

Some do it with a bitter look,

Some with a flattering word,

The coward does it with a kiss,

The brave man with a sword!

(Oscar Wilde)

[and a few verses on the fun starts:]

Some love too little, some too long,

Some sell, and others buy;

Some do the deed with many tears,

And some without a sigh:

For each man kills the thing he loves,

Yet each man does not die.

I prefer when Jeanne Moreau sings it ;)

Dear Jerry,

Agreed. - And please don't get me wrong, I am perfectly happy with my M9 as it is now(!), I don't have any urgent needs for updates, upgrades and the like. Can and do most highly recommend it!

Best regards,

Michael

P.S.: When looking at the D-Lux firmware issues in v2.1, it took Leica eight days to create a fix and release it with v2.2 at end of last year...

I doubt the D-Lux firmware has anything to do with Leica. I'm sure they outsource that to Panasonic like everything else with that camera.

I just got back from abroad, where I've been trying to follow this thread on an iPhone, so I may have missed discussion about the 18mm Elmarit and the new firmware. A search on the forum didn't come up with much.

How is the red-edge problem with the 18mm and the new firmware? Any examples? I have the 18mm Elmarit and a M8.2 but I'm waiting for my M9 to be delivered. I'm going to go ahead with the M9 purchase in any event, but I really would like to expect good results from the 18mm and M9 combo.

I just got back from abroad, where I've been trying to follow this thread on an iPhone, so I may have missed discussion about the 18mm Elmarit and the new firmware. A search on the forum didn't come up with much.

How is the red-edge problem with the 18mm and the new firmware? Any examples? I have the 18mm Elmarit and a M8.2 but I'm waiting for my M9 to be delivered. I'm going to go ahead with the M9 purchase in any event, but I really would like to expect good results from the 18mm and M9 combo.

Not sure wether you mean the 2.8/28 Elmarit or the 3.8/18mm Super-Elmar.

The only example with the latter I know is here:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/forum-zur-leica-m9/119258-fehler-bzw-ungereimtheiten-fw-1-116-a-5.html#post1268187

Still some red shift in underexposed edges.