M9 FW v1.116 available...

mby

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting Leica Rumors got it to the word correctly....

I will not be able to perform the update in the coming days, but am looking forward to hearing if there are some hidden improvements not mentioned on the website.....

P

Hmmm I hope they put it on the regular site soon, for those of us waiting for Lightroom 3 to register our M9's.

I registered my M9 but never used the Lightroom activation cupon.....as I am also waiting for LR3...

P

Thanks for the link, Michael.

Leica wants you not only give them the serial number but also to register your camera with them. Mine already went to NJ for a slight RF adjustment but apparently not registered on their database yet. I just did it and now waiting for the new firmware to be installed. Hmm, the installation was fast; done in about a minute. Looking at the list of improvement though, I am pleased that Leica indeed addressed a lot, if not all, of issues that annoyed me. I am crossing my fingers that indeed they are real.

The formatting of SD cards was indeed fast, significantly faster than before but now, the camera doesn't recognize my Transcend SDHC 16GB Class 6 anymore.... :(. Not only that card is listed on the "approved list" but I have been using that card without any issues until just now. What gives, Leica?

Nevermind - I removed the battery, reinserted the SD card and scrolled down the menu one cycle and all the sudden the camera recognizes the card again :D. One of those Leica minor quirks, I guess LOL.

Edited by AGeoJO
Condition Update

Frustrating. I can't seem to enter the sight despite having registered. Keeps giving me the Catch-22 when I try and retrieve my password.

Anyone want to send me the update file? My email address is on the contact page of my website.

Thanks,

Charles

I have emailed you the zip file,

Ian

YES!!!!!

USB to my Mac now works perfectly!

Also notice that if I preview an image in Photoshop directly from the USB connected camera, it has no affect on the image displaying in camera after wards. Previously I had an issue (http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m9-forum/118710-random-play-back-issues.html) where if I loaded a card into my mac and previewed an image, then put the card back in the camera I could no longer view that image in camera. That seems to be fixed, at least with USB connection.

One other welcome fix- Now when shooting with lens cap on, and suddenly turning off camera to stop long exposure no longer locks up camera.

Edited by digitalfx