• 3 weeks later...

My 1962

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
I am delighted with my new strap, had it a few weeks now. A Kentique Design Type 34. I confess to more straps than bags. I just took the one rig to Scotland, we were pushed for space, self catering and the dog!!

Easy lens decision every day: yes need a lens so take it. The 35mm ZM f1.4 Distagon

T&T soft release, this a yin yang special edition, the rewind is a Chinese cheapie, not passed the quality test and I'll take it off when I get around to it.

21195263176_91f4220431_z.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, scrolling through all these lovely M2's I noticed that there a two differend types of framemasks behind the eyepiece.

One is a straight rectangle and the other one is more oval, like on M4 and all later ones.

Is there any difference between the two? I dont remember any difference in maximal viewing angle watching through M2,M4,M6...

You mean  this ?

http://www.dagcamera.com/store/p111/Aperture_for_M2_Rangefinder%2C_20%25_larger-_just_like_M4.html 

• 2 weeks later...

As a long time M9 owner and user, I am really pleased to have added a lovely, one owner, silver M2 to my bag. The serial number indicates that it dates from November 1962 (when I was born!), and I purchased it from the original owner. The camera isn't mint, but not far off, and has a few minor marks on the top plate from previous use of a Leicameter. I only got it yesterday, and will give it a trial run over the weekend.

I previously had an M6 TTL, but didn't really get on with it (viewfinder flare was a problem for me), so I reluctantly sold it. Hopefully the M2 and I will get on better, and early indications are good. I love the well made, mechanical feel of the camera, and the solid film advance lever feels much nicer.

I don't yet have a neck strap for the camera, so I would welcome any suggestions for an appropriate one. Recomendations for an external 28mm viewfinder would also be appreciated.

Many thanks.

I don't yet have a neck strap for the camera, so I would welcome any suggestions for an appropriate one. Recomendations for an external 28mm viewfinder would also be appreciated.

Congratulations!  A good starter neck strap is the standard Leica 14312. Not to big of an investment and there are plenty of other straps to choose from later on.   The Voigtlander finders work well.  Good luck with your M2 and welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

For years I've used a Leicatime strap on mine...always been a comfortable, durable, and good looking strap on any camera body I've attached it to. In the last 2 years I've been experimenting making my own leather straps, and must modestly say, they often match the best out there and sometimes exceed them in looks and versatility (such as how to attach them to the bodies for quick and secure attachment and removal).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks.

The stock Leica strap generally works well, I keep a couple around when I feel like using them. A nice alternative to the silk cord straps is called the street strap which is really comfy and versatile. If leather straps are your thing (and on M2s, they are always the right answer) then I highly recommend Odessa straps (odessagoods.com) they're hand made and super thin / pliable. I absolutely love mine on my M2. The Voigtlander 28mm VF is super high quality as well and very affordable. 

Edited by Abram

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...