Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes, The lens release button is the one and only silver chrome bit on all Leicas regardless if BP or not...

On one of my MPs I've dechromed the silver hot shoe. it's such a beautiful camera now. The silver hot shoe is another thing I really dislike :)

Not all, as my black paint MP has a black chrome shutter button. 

gallery_31026_5287_107704.jpg
Edited by animalhairs
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All this talk of black chrome bits this and that are very interesting, however nobody can know any of this for sure.

Leica always was very practical and used whatever was at hand if they ran short of parts.

The 'pandafied' M6 is a perfect example of this and there are many more such anomalieles, and we know they executed official repaints even from chrome.

If those clients asked for special blackened or silvered parts, they could well have gotten them, or they were leftovers being used up.

A better trail to follow, in my view anyway, are the periods of black chrome usage and the quality of the black chrome executed.

The black chrome process used on the M4 is distinctly different looking than the later BC; it is a difference of night and day when seen in person.

Old and new BC also wear off totally differently.

Except for obvious differences )i.e. silver vs. black, etc.) I believe only an in hand examination can provide insights about original vs. replacement on such parts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dirk , nice M2 with leather case :) Arte di Mano case ?

I'm looking for the address to buy the flash socket for plugs
to avoid dust. As soon as I find it  I'll post for you.

Best

Henry

I find it , here's the address and in addition very cheap

http://www.dagcamera.com/store/p159/White_Plastic_Sync_outlet_plug_for_M2%2F3.html

You can buy a dozen in case you will still need it  :Dah the nasty habit to drop or forget

Edited by Doc Henry

Henry,

I bought a couple of the flash socket plugs from DAG and while they fitted well, it wasn't long before one of them had pulled loose and got lost while I was out walking with the M2. I assume it caught on my clothing as the camera brushed against my hip as I walked along. I think I won't bother with ordering any more.

Chris