SL2-S vs Leica Q3?

nemendes

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, JohnathanLovm said:

Maybe wait a bit for SL3 in March/April? There is some hear-say that SL3 will be smaller and lighter than SL2.

I am not sure that it will be significantly smaller and lighter than sl2/sl2s. Maybe 50gr more or less. And there will be a very challenging price tag I think :)

• 1 month later...

You have a 28mm and a 50mm already with the m11. Why not test it at 60mp and 36mp to get a feel for the results. Field of view for 28 is 47 and for 50 is 75. 47/75 is circa 0.63. Multiply the width and height of your pixels and there are your crop numbers. At least you can see first hand if you are satisfied. 

20 hours ago, costa43 said:

You have a 28mm and a 50mm already with the m11. Why not test it at 60mp and 36mp to get a feel for the results. Field of view for 28 is 47 and for 50 is 75. 47/75 is circa 0.63. Multiply the width and height of your pixels and there are your crop numbers. At least you can see first hand if you are satisfied. 

I don't have anymore :) I sold it for a good price and bought sl2-s and q3 as well. I also sold my 28mm, so 28mm with q3 and 50mm with sl2s, best solution so far :D 

Just now, nemendes said:

I don't have anymore :) I sold it for a good price and bought sl2-s and q3 as well. I also sold my 28mm, so 28mm with q3 and 50mm with sl2s, best solution so far :D 

Aha! How are you finding the sl2s? I'm considering a purchase myself.

1 hour ago, costa43 said:

Aha! How are you finding the sl2s? I'm considering a purchase myself.

Its great camera, especially for low light photography. EVF is wonderful, a little smoother than leica q3 even they have same resolution. Using m lenses with sl2s is great, well balanced and image stabilization helps a lot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1