I Love My M6!

Been meaning to put this on for ages.

My TTL was once a cover star.

Apologies for picture quality

thanks for the tip on the back issue, trying to find it

if you could scan the M6 TTL review and email it over, i'll paypal you £2 ;)

Edited by colonel

Its a totally mechanical shutter, and I would imagine it simply has a switch which closes as the first blind is completely across. It would require quite unnecessary complication to stop it working at 1/60 and above, and just maybe someone would want to use it anyway knowing what would happen.

Its from an age when it was expected that the operator knows the limitations of the system, and worked within it, :)

Gerry

Stick a roll of film in it.

It just works.

:)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Just came back from a little vacation at Kindermann, just like new ;)

Peter

• Like 11

I was looking for an M6 TTL forever until this mint-condition with a 0.85 finder came along. It's really a dream come true (had to save some more for a 50 Summicron), but now I enjoy the combination better than all my digital equipment combined.

In terms of sheer tactile joy, I would say the same about the M7 and 50mm Summicron. It fits my hand better than the M9 or any DSLR and sounds sweet and subtle. I've been eyeing a M6 in a local shop, might get one soonish.

• 5 weeks later...

This is terrible... now the whole world and his dog knows just what great cameras the M6 and M6 TTL are :eek:

I've had a M6 TTL for twelve years, thereabouts, and use it most weeks... don't know why I bother, it's truly horrid... utterly awful :D

• Like 1

Solms or someone else? I will be patiently awaiting your comments on the finder upgrade before sending my Millenium off for the same. MAD

I'll send it to Solms because then I can have one of my lenses serviced as well. I'll send it in in a few weeks. Will definitely post back the results.

• Like 2

I think its time I joined in, after taking several weeks to work through the 35 preceding pages of beautiful M6's.

Mine's a little less mint than others. It's previous life was one of several workhorses for a local photographer, who estimates over 10,000 rolls went through it over a decade or so. I picked it up at a reasonable price, then found an 'open box' special on the lens, with free hood, to make the whole package under A$1k.

If anyone's interested, its a '91 model, with the Leitz front badge.

When I got it I was thinking "this will let me see what all the Leica fuss is about, and then I can sell it for minimal loss and go back to my SLR". Needless to say, I no longer own the SLR.

Its not quite my dream MP with 35/2 'cron, but I love my M6!

Second shot is ready to roll with a few home rolled rolls of FP4 (how many times can you use 'roll' in a sentence!)

Sorry 'bout the photo quality, my phone is my only other camera.

• Like 12