I Love My M6!

I'm thinking of buying a Leica film camera,I hear/read that the M6 TTL is the best choice, which one do you guys recommend? also where would you buy one from living in the UK/Europe? Thnx in advance Steve.:cool:

I have one and love it.

I am in the US and can't help with Europe.

I'm thinking of buying a Leica film camera,I hear/read that the M6 TTL is the best choice, which one do you guys recommend? also where would you buy one from living in the UK/Europe? Thnx in advance Steve.:cool:

One can't say which one is generelly better because both are great.

The best bang for your buck would be an M6 classic.

I find the TTL to be slightly more comfortable to use due to the different speed dial.

A great place in the UK is reddotcameras.co.uk - a very well known and respected dealer.

Be sure to show us your new beauty when you get it in your hands!

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Lovely shot Mikemix :)

Here is my M6 classic, bought in a brief period when I decided to hang onto my M8 and not look for an M9, so figured I could afford to buy a film M...

Of course, within weeks I sold the M8 and have now bought an M9 :)

I enjoy using this my first film Leica M.

Picture taken with M-converted Contax G 45/2 at f8 on Sony5N

9297069097_3dbd8a5869_b.jpg

Edited by lenticularis
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

This is my "user M6" which is also a titanium! This camera was previously owned previously owned by a photojournalist from Contact Press Images and has the dings and scratches to prove it!

9890851865_20db5096c8_o.jpg

Not too often to find "user" and "titanium" in the same sentence. :D

• Like 8

Here is my M6:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 9

here's mine - circa 1997 and minty to boot. just back from a cla including the viewfinder upgrade. smooth as silk...

• Like 9

Guest Ansel_Adams
here's mine - circa 1997 and minty to boot. just back from a cla including the viewfinder upgrade. smooth as silk...

[ATTACH]403708[/ATTACH]

Nice! I have the same setup. Thinking about the finder upgrade myself... Do they have to remove the camera leather to do it?

Nice! I have the same setup. Thinking about the finder upgrade myself... Do they have to remove the camera leather to do it?

Yes! I went on a factory tour at Solms last month: any work involving the internals require replacement of the covering as the screws holding the camera together are covered by it. On the older models, such as the M3 and M2 the vulcanite was put on before the machining, hence the visable screw heads making dis-assembly possible without removing the covering.

They did some work on my M9 under warranty and part of the requirement was that I agree to replacement covering (free) which is now of a different pattern.

Susie

Yes! I went on a factory tour at Solms last month: any work involving the internals require replacement of the covering as the screws holding the camera together are covered by it. On the older models, such as the M3 and M2 the vulcanite was put on before the machining, hence the visable screw heads making dis-assembly possible without removing the covering.

They did some work on my M9 under warranty and part of the requirement was that I agree to replacement covering (free) which is now of a different pattern.

Susie

Just did a factory tour over the Wetzlar factory. Our paths nearly crossed. My M9 was repaired and upgraded to M9-P. The previous covering was preferable IMO and more 'grippy'.

• 2 weeks later...

A film shot of my trusty M6ttl :rolleyes:

• Like 4