Grabbing some breakfast at Reading Terminal; Philadelphia

ropo54

Advertisement (gone after registration)

SL w M 35 1.4 FLE through Topaz Studio II

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

• ropo54 changed the title to Grabbing some breakfast at Reading Terminal; Philadelphia
3 hours ago, ropo54 said:

SL w M 35 1.4 FLE through Topaz Studio II

Ah, the Philly look, right Rob? 😀

• Haha 1

I still chuckle every time I see that photo!  I remember the moment. Taken a few years ago (when visiting my daughter) at breakfast at an Amish eatery inside the Reading Terminal. (Have you been?  It's quite collection of shops, eateries, markets in downtown Philadelphia).

Rob

• Like 1

I live about 30 miles outside the city in North Wales, PA. We love the Reading Terminal. Bieler's donuts are the best!

Here are a few images shot with my M10 and Summilux 35mm ASPH FLE and processed in Capture One Pro 21.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Edited by budjames
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, budjames said:

I live about 30 miles outside the city in North Wales, PA. We love the Reading Terminal. Bieler's donuts are the best!

Here are a few images shot with my M10 and Summilux 35mm ASPH FLE and processed in Capture One Pro 21.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Budjames:

I went to school in Philadelphia so spent a few years there. Bieler's doughnuts are a must! My daughter is a 3rd year resident at St. Lukes Hospital in Bethlehem, so enroute I've had occasion to visit Doylestown as well. My wife and I will stop to grab a bite to eat  and visit the yarn store there.  A bag full of new yarn, below. Doylestown is such a nice area.  Regards, Rob

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, ropo54 said:

Budjames:

I went to school in Philadelphia so spent a few years there. Bieler's doughnuts are a must! My daughter is a 3rd year resident at St. Lukes Hospital in Bethlehem, so enroute I've had occasion to visit Doylestown as well. My wife and I will stop to grab a bite to eat  and visit the yarn store there.  A bag full of new yarn, below. Doylestown is such a nice area.  Regards, Rob

I'm a managing director and partner in a wealth management business. We have 5 offices and the one that I call mine is in a building that I own directly across the street from the Mercer Museum on Green Street. We are located in the borough and I own a parking lot with 10 spots. My office is s doors down from Main Street. If you ever tried to park in the borough where most of the restaurants are located, you can appreciate the benefit of owning a parking lot that is only a few blocks away from the center of town.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Rob -

We too are fans of the Reading Market, though we found the wonderful looking cheese vendor to be not as wonderful as it looks.  The Reading market is also the souce of some of my "silly signs" posts, such as, "Don't make me release the flying monkeys!"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stuny said:

Rob -

We too are fans of the Reading Market, though we found the wonderful looking cheese vendor to be not as wonderful as it looks.  The Reading market is also the souce of some of my "silly signs" posts, such as, "Don't make me release the flying monkeys!"

Stu: No doubt, it is quite the scene there.  Just a fun place to spend an hour.

As budjames said, the Beiler Doughnuts place is pretty outrageous.  

Regards, Rob

34 minutes ago, fotografr said:

Rob, that image just cracks me up.

Me too, Brent.  

I couldn't help but snap it, but did feel a bit guilty for doing so. :}  

Having said that, I still remain tempted to mount it, print it poster-size, and hang it somewhere!

Regards,

Rob

Brent, that is the shot of his “daughter”! ;)

Rob, I also lived and studied in Philadelphia for two years. I lived in Rittenhouse Square and studied in a drama school that has disappeared since. 🤗

lovely shot that brings me back to those days, my friend.

Edited by Louis
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Louis said:

Rob, I also lived and studied in Philadelphia for two years. I lived in Rittenhouse Square and studied in a drama school that has disappeared since. 🤗

Louis:

Ah, you were living in the ritzy section, while I was in the school dorms.

I graduated in 1976, our country's 200 year birthday.  I have very much enjoyed going back, though see so much new construction on the periphery of my old campus. Locust Walk, below, is still remains the same charming walk through campus.  And next trip, I promise go pay a visit to iconic "Pat's Cheese Steak".  So many nice memories.  Thanks, Louis.

Rob

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, stuny said:

When you go back have dinner at Vernix, on Walnut near Rittenhouse Square.  And if you're into cars, the Simeone Museum is superb.

Thanks, Stu.  I will make it a point to do so.

We did find an old tavern for lunch near the historic area and Elfreth's Alley.  (Oldest continuous residential street in the U.S.)  And, then dinner at a newly opened restaurant that had been written up in the Philadelphia Enquirer. (The name slips me a the moment).

Rob

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Louis said:

You're nuts. His daughter would be wearing scrubs. This woman, if you look closely, is carrying the yarn he mentions his wife purchased. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fotografr said:

You're nuts. His daughter would be wearing scrubs. This woman, if you look closely, is carrying the yarn he mentions his wife purchased. 

Brent: Louis is just having some fun with me!  

Rob

• Haha 1