Lenses that inspire you to take photos

rcusick

4 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Show yours - If you think that taking that on foot is easy (except the leopard, which was from a vehicle ) you haven't  the faintest notion what you are talking about. I bet your wildlife experience is limited to the ducks in the Moscow City Park,

Do not feed the lions.  Do not feed the trolls.

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Dennis said:

It makes sense! 🤣 

The other side of the coin. With great power comes great responsibility. When stopping down, easier to nail focus, but more difficult to arrange elements in context, w/ a proper composition.  

My inspiration, Alex Webb

Anyone name 5 tricks by Alex Webb? 

Accent color. Framing. There are 4 colors in the photo. Vignette. Lines. Direction of view. He specifically violated the rule for all portraits - there should be more space in front. He did this in order to show the story in the background.

3 hours ago, Steven said:

By admitting point 4, you are also saying that you can understand why lenses (gear) can inspire people, I suppose. 

I fully understand why lenses, cameras, and other photographic gear can inspire some people to take photos.

I am just not one of them.

3 hours ago, earleygallery said:

It's the scanning. I put it into PS and hit the auto colour button and got this

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thank you so much for taking the time. It’s looking better indeed. Quick question. 
what is the auto color button and what does it do ? Except for auto coloring the photo. 

2 hours ago, capo di tutti capi said:

Accent color. Framing. There are 4 colors in the photo. Vignette. Lines. Direction of view. He specifically violated the rule for all portraits - there should be more space in front. He did this in order to show the story in the background.

Thank you. 

I’m officially not the most annoying member of LUF anymore 🥱🥳

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

How can you come on an Internet forum and tell a respected member that you don’t know that his photography is corny and amateur. First of all they were not. But even if they were, you should not say it out loud. Give constructive criticism in private. Don’t try to embarrass people In public. This destroys the collective energy. 
In any case, it says a lot about what kind of person you are. Or at least how you feel. Pitiful. 
And its not like you’re Steve McCurry or Alex Webb either, to judge people’s photography. Pfff. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Steven said:

How can you come on an Internet forum and tell a respected member that you don’t know that his photography is corny and amateur. First of all they were not. But even if they were, you should not say it out loud. Give constructive criticism in private. Don’t try to embarrass people In public. This destroys the collective energy. 
In any case, it says a lot about what kind of person you are. Or at least how you feel. Pitiful. 
And its not like you’re Steve McCurry or Alex Webb either, to judge people’s photography. Pfff. 

I like to watch a lot of photos lose their value.

With these conversations, you can throw billions of junk photos out of your life.

Edited by capo di tutti capi

24 minutes ago, Steven said:

Thank you so much for taking the time. It’s looking better indeed. Quick question. 
what is the auto color button and what does it do ? Except for auto coloring the photo. 

Yeah, its a button in Photoshop and I assume Lightroom that helps corrects colour cast for photographers who don't know what they are looking at.

49 minutes ago, capo di tutti capi said:

Dennis Walked away from the answer.

Studying your conversations, I get it. There will be no answer.

Nobody answered my question about tricks

There is nobody here with your high level of intellect and artistic superiority  therefore please excuse us all from conversing coherently with you.

You are without a doubt a legend in your own mind.

11 hours ago, Capuccino-Muffin said:

5 tricks

-look at a scene

-bring camera to eye, compose

-click

-develop film

-print favorites

5 tricks

OR

a -

1 - seeing a pic to take "once in a life time style"

2 - not having the right lens attached on the camera, huge deception

... 2 ' - decide to take the pic and the M was off , so good bye the "once in a life time pic " subject  that changed with time of course

... 2" - change the lens ...too late

... 2''' - fiddling with the focus and settings ISO, speed, aperture ... too late

... 2 ""- steamed viewfinder when viewing, to be cleaned first 🤢

... 2''"' - decide that the pic doesn't worth the trouble 😇

b -

some other scenarios welcome

• Like 1

14 hours ago, capo di tutti capi said:

I'm confused! That's 6 tricks isn't it!?