Tell me about the 35 Lux AA ?

Steven

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I hope Hari will not mind my sharing his portraits here !

Hari S. by JM__, on Flickr

Hari S. by JM__, on Flickr

35 Summilux AA on M9M

A few more wide open photos

M10, 35AA at f/1.4

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10

M10, 35AA at f/1.4

• Like 6

M10, 35AA at f/1.4

• Like 5

Last one, not quite wide open.  Wedding photographers didn't like me busting in their shoot but the bride liked my photo better :)

M10, 35AA at f/2.0

Edited by ELAN
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just want to say this thread has been my last push toward getting my own AA. 

Now it is permanently on my M 60 and it is everything i want and more. Really love the combination and the resulting image as well as the process of getting one is truly fascinating and lovely. 

35 AA  - Ilford Pan F 50 - M2 

35 AA  - Provia 100 - M2

Edited by JMF

I started this thread a couple weeks ago asking for information about a very mesmerising lens: the AA. A couple posts later, I wisely(?) decided that I would not buy two of the rarest Leica 35mm Summilux: the Steel Rim and the AA. 

And another couple posts later, here I am, unwise(?) but proud owner of the Steel Rim, and now, the AA! 

Had the Steel Rim for about 2 months now, and I already know that I'll never part with it. The AA, after a long decision process, arrived this morning. 

I will be sharing my first impressions of the lens here, as well as post images I create with it along the way. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steven said:

I started this thread a couple weeks ago asking for information about a very mesmerising lens: the AA. A couple posts later, I wisely(?) decided that I would not buy two of the rarest Leica 35mm Summilux: the Steel Rim and the AA. 

And another couple posts later, here I am, unwise(?) but proud owner of the Steel Rim, and now, the AA! 

Had the Steel Rim for about 2 months now, and I already know that I'll never part with it. The AA, after a long decision process, arrived this morning. 

I will be sharing my first impressions of the lens here, as well as post images I create with it along the way. 

I have posted this somewhere else on the forum but since this is a dedicated 35 AA post: I purchased my first copy of the 35 AA in 1991 after my long term Leica dealer called to say he had one coming in and did I want it, of course I said yes. Then after just one 36 exposure roll of film I was amazed with what I saw on the prints ( I had been shooting with an older 35 Cron) so in a moment of madness I asked my dealer to order me a second copy (which took 11 months to come from Leica!) thinking I would keep one new for down the road. So here it is 20 years later and the 35AA is still my favorite 35mm focal length lens and for those who wonder how it compares to the FLE I never bonded with it as the AA is in fact sharper on center and the out of focus rendering to me is more artistic and interesting. 

Edited by insideline
grammer
  • Like 1

35 AA on SL

Edited by JMF

in APS-C format on the SL

5 hours ago, Steven said:

Why does your M10P have a red dot?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

Maybe the M10-R that the Leica shop was providing for another trial.

Jeff

I zoomed in and it looks like it says P. I recalled him saying he only has the P as well but your theory may turn correct.

Steven?

8 hours ago, dkmoore said:

I zoomed in and it looks like it says P. I recalled him saying he only has the P as well but your theory may turn correct.

Steven?

His theory is not correct, because you can see (without the hassle of zooming in) the white Leica engraving on top of the camera. Proof that it is in fact an M10P, with an added red dot. 

I get the extra red dots from the Leica repair center (they have plenty cause they need to replace them every time they adjust the RF). I like the color red, I like the look of the dot, and I put it on all my cameras, for the sake of homogeneity when they are all lined up on my shelfs at night ! I know some of my haters will hate, but why should I care, if I'm happy ! 

• Like 5