Tell me about the 35 Lux AA ?

Steven

35AA + M10R

I brought my dog to Geneva. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

The forum really doesnt do justice to that lens, or any lens. I'll post them on my instagram soon, the compression is much better.

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

EMERGENCY

Please, I need your help. 
i am at my sister in laws wedding. 
i brought the AA with me. While having lunch, I left it on the table. My 2 year old son came near by to drink water, took my white wine by mistake, grabbed a huge sip, and then..... he spit it all out. Right on the AA of course. I dried it with paper towel. Then I blew on it for a few minutes and little droplets kept coming out so I dried them too. Now when I blow on it nothing comes out anyomre. 

is it safe ? Is they’re anything else I do to help ??

my goodness, how much I wish I had taken out the nokton today. 

Just now, Steven said:

I’ve just had a couple bottles of wine. With my iPhone only. 
im very grateful for the share, but if you’ve read the thread, may I dare to ask you for an (emergency) summary, do I can react fast ? 
cheers 🥂 

wipe with slightly damp cloth then dry cloth, over and over again, id probably keep a hairdryer handy too

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2021 at 7:09 PM, Jeff S said:

35 Summicron ASPH, v.1 (the one Andy hates), along with the 35 FLE (the one you hate) and the 35 Summaron f2.8.  As I said, just need to please yourself.

Jeff

I have never fully understood why "everyone" hates the 35 FLE. Why does it have such a bad reputation here on the forum? On paper the pre-FLE and FLE are optically identical, except in the close range. So I can see nothing but benefits with the new version: less focus shift, improved image quality in the close range, improved exterior design and hood (in my eyes).

However (even though I've never owned a pre-FLE), I think I see a difference in the rendering, a bit like the M9 sensor vs. the M10 (and the pre-FLE is of course most similar to the "M9"). Is this the difference people are taking about, and which makes them prefer the pre-FLE?

Edited by evikne
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, evikne said:

I have never fully understood why "everyone" hates the 35 FLE. Why does it have such a bad reputation here on the forum? On paper the pre-FLE and FLE are optically identical, except in the close range. So I can see nothing but benefits with the new version: less focus shift, improved image quality in the close range, improved exterior design and hood (in my eyes).

However (even though I've never owned a pre-FLE), I think I see a difference in the rendering, a bit like the M9 sensor vs. the M10 (and the pre-FLE is of course most similar to the "M9"). Is this the difference people are taking about, and which makes them prefer the pre-FLE?

You’ll need to ask them, although there are already many discussions on the topic, often involving out of focus rendering.

I just rely on my own experience. Any faults are usually my own.

Jeff

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

You’ll need to ask them, although there are already many discussions on the topic, often involving out of focus rendering.

I just rely on my own experience. Any faults are usually my own.

Jeff

Thanks, although the question was not directly addressed to you. I just quoted you because you mentioned this "hate" that I have heard about so many times before. 😉

11 minutes ago, evikne said:

Thanks, although the question was not directly addressed to you. I just quoted you because you mentioned this "hate" that I have heard about so many times before. 😉

You might ask Steven... his words this time.

Jeff

1 hour ago, Steven said:

I’ve just had a couple bottles of wine. With my iPhone only. 
im very grateful for the share, but if you’ve read the thread, may I dare to ask you for an (emergency) summary, do I can react fast ? 
cheers 🥂 

put it in a bowel of uncooked rice and let it sit for a few days - then send to Leica

Edited by OR120
sp