Any news about D Lux 8?

Heard rumours - will have full frame 48MP sensor, 18-400 zoom, f1.4 / 2.8 lens, fully articulating screen, full wi-fi with instant "share" options (including to cloud, server, printer), built-in GPS, phase detection for autofocus, same size / weight as the D-Lux 7 and cost just under $1,000.

I wish. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• 1 year later...

Panasonic has ceased developing new compact small-sensor P&S cameras. As per announcement August 2022.

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/is-this-the-end-of-compact-cameras-nikon-and-panasonic-stop-development

Since the D-Lux is just a Panasonic camera with the Leica name on it, there will be no new versions.

Kaput. The smartphones won.

BTW, my first digital camera was the Digilux 2, so I respect the Leica/Panasonic alliance, and the helping hand Panasonic provided as Leica got its own digital products up and running. But after 19 years, history moved on.....

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

If any, the d-lux 7 follower is more likely a 1” camera. Don’t forget the older Dlux is small sensor, so it is not necessary M43.
Maybe  Dlux will have faster (fixed f1.7?) but smaller zoom range lens,  Clux have slower super zoom, while Vlux fast (fixed f1.4?) and super zoom.
Size-wise, Clux  can fit in the pocket, Dlux fits in the purse, while Vlux is a jumbo. 
I hope they all use the same sensor. 

Along this though, the next Dlux could be an upgrade of the current LX10, not clear in which way, may be improved lens ( beyond the aperture and focal length) , may be use Titanium case ( like Apple new IPhone?), maybe weather seal, dual SD slots? …

Alomg the same thought, what really need serious upgrade also include the Vlux. Upgrading F2.8 in the current Vlux to something like f1.7?, add weather seal (Like FZ300)? Also dual SD slots?

Edited by Einst_Stein