My M10 arrives tomorrow 😁

Flyer

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know it's all about the M10R at the moment, but I have been saving up for the M10 for a while now and I have managed to get one that's just 5 months old and in as new condition. I also got the Visoflex and a case. Arrives tomorrow, and I am so excited. Like a child at Xmas. 

I now need to save for my first Leica lens, I could only afford a 35mm zeiss at the moment. Iam really looking forward to connecting with the M10 and enjoying my photography again after years of chasing technology and pixels. 

Any budget lens recommendations appreciated. 

Oh and for those who have ordered the R I am very envious. 

• Like 18

Good choice on the M10. I’m content with mine and have no “R” plans. The Summarit 2.5 is my favorite 35 on the M10, as the best combination of size, handling, and image quality. The Zeiss 35 f2 is also a fine performer, but larger than I like. The Zeiss 35 2.8 is supposed to be an excellent choice, if 2.8 is adequate (and is for the M10). 
As I like small lenses, the Voigtlander 35 1.4 Nokton ver 2 is also a favorite of mine. Excellent build and perfect handling, good in low light. It does have distortion and isn’t the sharpest kid on the block, but I find the images very pleasing. Overall I find it better than the 70 Summicron 35 I used for decades.

10 hours ago, Flyer said:

Arrives tomorrow, and I am so excited. Like a child at Xmas.

Oh yeah ... 🙌

10 hours ago, Flyer said:

I could only afford a 35mm zeiss at the moment

35/2.8 ZM Biogon, you can't go wrong. If you don't need a fast lens and you're ok with 2.8, it's wow. If you need a faster one, +1 for the CV Ultron 1.7.

I have the Zeiss and I'm super happy with it. But soon, I'll get a 40mm 1.2

Congrats, and have a great first-time settings moment 👏

15 hours ago, Flyer said:

I know it's all about the M10R at the moment, but I have been saving up for the M10 for a while now and I have managed to get one that's just 5 months old and in as new condition. I also got the Visoflex and a case. Arrives tomorrow, and I am so excited. Like a child at Xmas. 

I now need to save for my first Leica lens, I could only afford a 35mm zeiss at the moment. Iam really looking forward to connecting with the M10 and enjoying my photography again after years of chasing technology and pixels. 

Oh and for those who have ordered the R I am very envious. 

Looking forward to seeing the results 🙂

Congrats! 

Go ahead folks chew my nuts off but I am really starting to like my Visoflex. The only downside for me is that I cannot use the thumb rest at the same time. I would be open minded about EVF. Framing and focusing are easier for me personally. 

12 minutes ago, Raid Amin said:

Congratulations! I am expecting an M10 in tomorrow's mail. 

I am curious why you will use with it a Visoflex. Is this like "live view"?

Congratulations, I look forward to seeing those results too and hearing how you adapt to it 🙂

Edited by Sjz
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Raid Amin said:

I also use the Visoflex. It is Iive view.

My “workflow” is to fix focus with the rangefinder. And then frame and set exposure using the visoflex.

One reason I prefer this procedure is that I cannot see the frame lines so easily in the optical viewfinder. But secondly, I like to see the changes to the exposure directly in response to adjusting aperture and shutter.

This is a slow method which suits the kind of subjects I like to capture, i.e. things that don’t move around much.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, louys said:

I also use the Visoflex. It is Iive view.

My “workflow” is to fix focus with the rangefinder. And then frame and set exposure using the visoflex.

One reason I prefer this procedure is that I cannot see the frame lines so easily in the optical viewfinder. But secondly, I like to see the changes to the exposure directly in response to adjusting aperture and shutter.

This is a slow method which suits the kind of subjects I like to capture, i.e. things that don’t move around much.

Thanks for the clarification. I have a never used Visfolex II in the box. 

On 7/17/2020 at 9:05 PM, Flyer said:

Congratulations on the M10, I'm sure you'll love it.

Irrespective of budget the Zeiss lens are superb. I have the 35mm Summicron but decided to buy the Zeiss 35mm f1.4 because I wanted something a little faster and also, I was keen to try a ZM lens. I was so impressed with the 35mm that I've also bought a 50mm Planar. If you're interested I've done a little write-up on the Zeiss lenses on the Blog section of my website.

https://photographybytomlane.com

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lanetomlane said:

Congratulations on the M10, I'm sure you'll love it.

Irrespective of budget the Zeiss lens are superb. I have the 35mm Summicron but decided to buy the Zeiss 35mm f1.4 because I wanted something a little faster and also, I was keen to try a ZM lens. I was so impressed with the 35mm that I've also bought a 50mm Planar. If you're interested I've done a little write-up on the Zeiss lenses on the Blog section of my website.

https://photographybytomlane.com

Thanks for the advise and link, the Zeiss looks very sharp and very good micro contrast. Looks like they should be what I look at first. Thanks

On 7/19/2020 at 5:48 PM, Raid Amin said:

Only because I am transitioning from an EVF and thought the transition may be easier if I have the visoflex 

1 hour ago, Flyer said:

Only because I am transitioning from an EVF and thought the transition may be easier if I have the visoflex 

I recommend going cold turkey.  One either bonds with the RF experience or not. I did immediately.  Others need time. Using the Visoflex won’t ease the transition; it will delay it, especially for 35/50mm, where the RF excels.  Just make sure your eyes are first corrected for any astigmatism or distance issues (the focus patch is set at a virtual distance of 2m).  Leica also sells diopter correction lenses, if needed, to fit the M10 eyepiece.  

Jeff

Zeiss ZM are excellent, but check the Voigtlander vintage line, those lenses are stunning. 

I am curious, what's the point of buying an M body (beside using telephotos, macros etc) to use it with an electronic VF, wouldn't be better an SL body or the Q instead?

• Thanks 1