SL2 and 24-90 zoom noise

hoppyman

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, lanetomlane said:

Thanks for that, as I'd forgotten to check my 90-280. Because of it's size I keep it in a different draw and so I totally overlooked it.

Thanks again.

Only in Leica world could someone casually forget about a $7k lens. 😳😁

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm new here. I live in Austria and just started to work with my new Leica equipment. I have a new SL2 with the APO SL 24-90 and I really was wondering whats going on, when I used it the first time. The noise when I turned the zoom ring was loud and a little strange. After I updated the lens firmware from 1.0 to 2.0 the noise now has gone. Thank you for this thread and for the link too, because the lens firmware update was not easy to find for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vinzr said:

Hi I'm new here. I live in Austria and just started to work with my new Leica equipment. I have a new SL2 with the APO SL 24-90 and I really was wondering whats going on, when I used it the first time. The noise when I turned the zoom ring was loud and a little strange. After I updated the lens firmware from 1.0 to 2.0 the noise now has gone. Thank you for this thread and for the link too, because the lens firmware update was not easy to find for me.

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your photos.

Roy

• 4 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I downloaded the firmware from the link provided, (even though it clearly states the firmware version is 2.0).  This does upgrade the lens firmware to 2.1, and the clicking noise is gone. 

Don't understand why the link shows 2.0, as that is what had been on my lens prior to this upgrade. 

End result is good. 

Paul 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!