Leica SL2 image thread, please post your images here.

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Actually, I was hoping to see the expressions on the faces of the passengers.  The S100 cost me half of its list price.  But it was like new.  Apparently the result of a bankruptcy.

Hi , could you talk about the S 100 lens a little, how it works on SL2 with adapter and share some photos please.

I am considering it for my collection.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigma 70 macro L at f/2.8 on the SL2.  I am only testing out the lens so no work on composition.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Photoworks said:

Hi , could you talk about the S 100 lens a little, how it works on SL2 with adapter and share some photos please.

From an amateur's perspective, all of the S lenses work superbly on the SL 601, though autofocus is slower than the other native L mount lenses. (I do not have the newer SL2).  

Here are some photos of the S 100 taken with the SL. 

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 10

11 hours ago, Photoworks said:

I've posted several shots taken with the S 100 recently.  Here's one of them cropped to about 1/4 original area:

U1040156 1 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

This lens seems to be conceived of differently from the other S lenses, more as a throwback to the Mandler style of sharp on-center, forgiving at the sides when wide open, going to sharp everywhere when stopped down a bit.  Click through on this picture to meditate on the rendering of the stamens and the light coming through the flower petals.  So on an S3 it should be the equivalent of an  M75 or R80/1.4.  AF on my SL or SL2 is very accurate, but a bit noisy and slow.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

St. John's Wort in triple with SL2 and Canon 180 mm Macro plus Kenko 1, 4 extender

• Like 11

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here's another with the S 100 Summicron, this time at its closest focus (0.7 m).

U1040182 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

• Like 9

And a strange outdoor scene with the same lens.

U1040149 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

and a crop of the little office in the center:

U1040149 2 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

• Like 7

Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90 f/2.8-4 ASPH @90,  F11,  1/160s,  ISO 125

• Like 9

Empty terminals still. Boston Logan Airport.

SL2+75mm Summicron-SL

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Still Waiting to Open. Bar in Terminal B. Boston Logan Airport.

SL2+75mm Summicron-SL

• Like 12

NICE - FRANCE

SL2 Panasonic s pro 16-35mm f/4

• Like 16

ps ....... for those wondering why I stick with the S1R ...... this is from the S1R with the same processing copied and pasted in LR from the SL2 version (including graduated & radial filters and selective dodging and burning, temp adjustments, texture, sharpening etc) ..... although it's 28mm instead of 24mm and about 15 minutes later. I challenge anyone to find any meaningful differences not attributable to the later time and F/L .....:rolleyes:. Even a straight processing transplant results in an identical image  .....

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 8

SL-II +16-35 + polarizer

• Like 15

8 hours ago, thighslapper said:

ps ....... for those wondering why I stick with the S1R ...... this is from the S1R with the same processing copied and pasted in LR from the SL2 version (including graduated & radial filters and selective dodging and burning, temp adjustments, texture, sharpening etc) ..... although it's 28mm instead of 24mm and about 15 minutes later. I challenge anyone to find any meaningful differences not attributable to the later time and F/L .....:rolleyes:. Even a straight processing transplant results in an identical image  .....

I agree that the sensors are essentially the same so the results can be made as close as you like.  I'm using one of each -- an S1R and an SL2.  I made shots of a Russian church in its odd setting a few days back with both cameras, taking several attempts to get everything right.  The one I liked best was done with the SL2 and an S 100, the second best was with the S1R and the Lumix 70-200/2.8 at 100 mm and f/8.  The third place went to the SL2/100 combination because I chose the wrong time of day and left part of the church too shadowed.  I find the S1R Lumix 2.8 combination (stopped down a bit) easier to use and better stabilized than the  SL2 and 90-280 pairing, but for ultimate sharpness, the Leica lenses always win, and their midtone renderings are sometimes quite special.

If you care about multishot HR rendering (I don't, really), Leica gets it right, and Panasonic's is rather crude but faster in operation, with artifacts 2X the size of Leica's limiting resolution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb thighslapper:

After some month of use…
what would you describe the main pros and cons of each camera comparing SL2 with S1R?