Leica SL2 image thread, please post your images here.

jaapv

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SL2 + VE 24-90(74) ISO 100 f6,3 1/160s 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 19

vor 14 Stunden schrieb michali:

Sorry to read this.  South Africa is experiencing a similar infestation by a species of bark beetle called, the polyphagous shot-hole borer which is one of about 20 bark beetle species worldwide. This species of beetle has been introduced from SE Asia, it aggressively targets a wide variety of healthy trees. The city of Johannesburg with over 10 million trees & considered to be one of the largest man-made forests in the world, has been hardest hit.  Estimates are that the city could lose up to 30% of its trees to this beetle.

Background info Harz (engl)

• Like 15

I try to post something. Leica SL2 + Leica 24-90 

• Like 16

• Like 8

SL2+90-280mm APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jared said:

And one more from my recent trip to Lake Tahoe...  Again, it’s an astrophoto.  This is the Antares/Rho Ophiuchi region of the Milky Way—a combination of reflection nebulae (blue areas), emission nebulae (red areas), and dust (dark and orange areas).  It is one I have never imaged before.  It is relatively low in the sky for people like me, so is only an attractive target for about a month or so per year, and I have never gone for it at the right time.  This was fifty separate one minute exposures taken with the SL2 and 90-280 At ISO 1600.  The lens was set to 280mm and was shot at f/4.  Since all I have with me on vacation is an iPad, this is stacked using Affinity Photo with a Median combine to eliminate the multiple satellite trails.  Image processing was just a simple set of tweaks in Lightroom.  I’ll likely try to do a more professional job with this when I get home and have access to better software, but this was pretty decent.

Simply amazing.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jared said:

And one more from my recent trip to Lake Tahoe...  Again, it’s an astrophoto.  This is the Antares/Rho Ophiuchi region of the Milky Way—a combination of reflection nebulae (blue areas), emission nebulae (red areas), and dust (dark and orange areas).  It is one I have never imaged before.  It is relatively low in the sky for people like me, so is only an attractive target for about a month or so per year, and I have never gone for it at the right time.  This was fifty separate one minute exposures taken with the SL2 and 90-280 At ISO 1600.  The lens was set to 280mm and was shot at f/4.  Since all I have with me on vacation is an iPad, this is stacked using Affinity Photo with a Median combine to eliminate the multiple satellite trails.  Image processing was just a simple set of tweaks in Lightroom.  I’ll likely try to do a more professional job with this when I get home and have access to better software, but this was pretty decent.

Impressive.  With 50 minutes worth of observation, you must have been moving the camera to compensate for the earth's rotation.  And did you turn black frame correction off?  Could you describe those details of your setup?

• Like 1

Simply red ...SL2 and 90/280

• Like 7

Theatine Church, Munich

SL2 + Summilux-M 1:1.4/50 ASPH.

• Like 16

17 hours ago, Jared said:

I re-processed this on the computer rather than the iPad using astronomy software rather than just Affinity Photo and Lightroom... Stars are now more numerous, noise is better controlled without being "blotchy", resolution is a bit higher, and colors are a touch more accurate. Also, I managed to clip the red channel in the original and that is addressed.

Previous note:

One more from my recent trip to Lake Tahoe...  Again, it’s an astrophoto.  This is the Antares/Rho Ophiuchi region of the Milky Way—a combination of reflection nebulae (blue areas), emission nebulae (red areas), and dust (dark and orange areas).  It is one I have never imaged before.  It is relatively low in the sky for people like me, so is only an attractive target for about a month or so per year, and I have never gone for it at the right time.  This was fifty separate one minute exposures taken with the SL2 and 90-280 At ISO 1600.  The lens was set to 280mm and was shot at f/4.  Since all I have with me on vacation is an iPad, this is stacked using Affinity Photo with a Median combine to eliminate the multiple satellite trails.  Image processing was just a simple set of tweaks in Lightroom.  I’ll likely try to do a more professional job with this when I get home and have access to better software, but this was pretty decent.

• Like 3

SL2 with 28 2.8 Elmarit ASPH M

Edited by trickness
  • Like 10

SL2 + SC SL 1:2/35 ISO 100 f8 1/400s

• Like 17

SL2 + SC SL 1:2/35 ISO 400 f6,3 1/160s

• Like 12