SL2-S IMAGE thread -post your images here.

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Donzo98:

Super clean...

Take a look after this ISO 12500 picture was processed in Topaz DeNoise AI. 

vor 13 Minuten schrieb helged:

+1. Plus that the noise has a nice rendering... 

LR NR +15, Sharpening +40.

Less compressed JPEG here: https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-VRrRQh/

Same as in #37, processed in LR and Topaz DeNoise AI

ISO 12500 f/2 @1/800 sec.

20 minutes ago, Chaemono said:

Take a look after this ISO 12500 picture was processed in Topaz DeNoise AI. 

LR NR +15, Sharpening +40.

Same as in #37, processed in LR and Topaz DeNoise AI

ISO 12500 f/2 @1/800 sec.

ohh, this is really, really clean & pleasant looking rendering! (with a small minus for the deepest shadows in the lower right part of the image, showing some saturation clustering).

Edited by helged

Some shots in low natural light - in what is laughingly called the golden hour - more like the pale-grey hour in Britain in winter.
The purpose was to see what low light colours are like.
All shots with 24-90SL, AWB, AutoISO. Imported to Lightroom, slight adjustment for occasional incorrect exposure, set to to Adobe Standard profile, otherwise default settings (sharpening 40, colour noise 25, noise 10).

This one has exposure +0.9, shadows lifted, highlights flattened. ISO 800.
The shabby green shed and the grass are on the verge of oversaturation, but the colour is quite accurate.

Edited by LocalHero1953

Colours fairly accurate for this dull time of day. The purple to the left is a bit saturated. No exposure adjustment. ISO 5000.

Edited by LocalHero1953

No exposure adjustment. ISO 12500.
Some have reported that there is a slight magenta tinge, which may be the case here. The camera is certainly seeing more colour here than I could see with my eyes in dim light.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My only other comments are:
- that the camera provides strong colours in low natural light, perhaps a bit too saturated at times. 
- the Adobe Colour profile is just too saturated. Adobe Standard is better. I know from previous Leica launches that it takes a while before the profiles work out properly. I have usually made my own, while later finding the updated profiles much more satisfactory.

8 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

The camera is certainly seeing more colour here than I could see with my eyes in dim light.

I think that's to be expected because cones (colour receptors) are less sensitive than rods (luminance receptors) so, in humans, dim light colour response drops off exponentially and before luminance.

Pete.

Just now, farnz said:

I think that's to be expected because cones (colour receptors) are less sensitive than rods (luminance receptors) so, in humans, dim light colour response drops off exponentially and before luminance.

Pete.

Thank you - I was forgetting my O level biology.

Now with Topaz DeNoise AI.

Same as above processed in LR with +20 NR, round-tripped to Topaz DeNoise AI, resharpened in LR. Click on the link for less compressed JPEG. DR, details and lack of noise look amazing at ISO 3200.

Edited by Chaemono

Kids playing while I'm testing the camera 😆 AF feels much improved from the SL2 and with kids, I don't have anything to complain. Only time when AF struggles and can't reliably track is when focusing close range (1-3m).

SL2-S beautifully handles highlights.

Edited to taste.

I have made two big decisions to effectively swap pieces of kit recently. I traded my newish SL2 for the SL2-S, and I have just sold my Apo-Summicron-M 50 Asph on ebay for a price that allowed me to buy the Apo-Summicron-SL 35 Asph.
Lots of kudos to Leica Mayfair for pulling out all the stops getting the lens to me from Germany after I ordered it on Monday, beating transport chaos, tier 4 lockdown, Christmas etc.
This is the first shot, taken while hand-delivering Christmas cards this afternoon.
ISO 100, f/5, 1/125.
My first objective sceptical unemotional opinion is that this is a match made in heaven.
My second is that I hope it doesn't rain again in the next few days or the Cam will be a lot wider than it is now.

Edited by LocalHero1953

A friend has just returned from Normandy. Tarte Normande at its best.
SL2-S + 35SL
ISO 3200, f/5, 1/60

Learning to work with negative space.

Three o'clock

Less compressed JPEG here: https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-GDsFC2/

APO 75 Summicron-SL

ISO 100 f/2 @1/5000 sec.