Availability of the Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just got this back from popflash when I asked if my position moved and if there are any expected shipments known:

Leica is now closed for the next three weeks for the end of their fiscal year and all Leica dealers will not receive any Leica products during this time. Once they reopen, we will be able to get a better idea of what's to come.

+another email:
Yes, every year around April 1st they close for inventory and financial close for the fiscal year. 
Edited by nariza7

On 3/28/2019 at 5:46 AM, Trev said:

Called my dealer Clifton-Cameras only to be told I’m halfway down a long list. Expect to receive it in ‘months’

I’ve just bought a used Q-P

Received mine from Clifton yesterday.  Ordered at the end of the day of announcement....but still surprised it arrived so soon.  I’m not a regular customer of Clifton (or Leica).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, nariza7 said:

Just got this back from popflash when I asked if my position moved and if there are any expected shipments known:

Leica is now closed for the next three weeks for the end of their fiscal year and all Leica dealers will not receive any Leica products during this time. Once they reopen, we will be able to get a better idea of what's to come.

+another email:
Yes, every year around April 1st they close for inventory and financial close for the fiscal year. 

German companies have ERP systems too, and have absolutely no need to shut down for three weeks for any normal reason. If they really are shutting down, there must be some other major, unexpected problem... 

I cancelled my order yesterday. I was 59th in line and the shop had only received 4 units so far so it could have been months before my order was fulfilled. They're sitting on a quarter of a million pounds of pre-orders which is absolutely fantastic for their cash flow, but not something I was too happy with.

I had a long think, glanced lovingly at my M6 and its lenses, and plonked the money on a mint, pre-owned M10 instead. Comes on Wednesday. :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vov said:

My Q2 from Leica SF / Camera West shipped out today! I presume I was high on the list, because the generic estimate they gave me was "months" when I called earlier this week.

When did you order, and did you prepay?

1 hour ago, JimBo said:

B&H

Thanks.  A couple of days ago I asked BH if they would price match and they said no.  Now they have it at that price.  This is tempting for sure.  Actually less than the CL and 18-56.  Damn, more Leica caused confusion/indecision for me!

5 minutes ago, Jaclo said:

Thanks.  A couple of days ago I asked BH if they would price match and they said no.  Now they have it at that price.  This is tempting for sure.  Actually less than the CL and 18-56.  Damn, more Leica caused confusion/indecision for me!

I know. I keep looking at the Q-P with that Leica script on the top plate.  And I weigh that against wanting to have 47 megapixels, weatherproofing, and the “latest.”   Then there’s the much lower cost of the Q-P.  Maybe they’ll run out of Q-Ps so I won’t have to choose.  How many Q-Ps did they make anyhow?

1 hour ago, JimBo said:

I know. I keep looking at the Q-P with that Leica script on the top plate.  And I weigh that against wanting to have 47 megapixels, weatherproofing, and the “latest.”   Then there’s the much lower cost of the Q-P.  Maybe they’ll run out of Q-Ps so I won’t have to choose.  How many Q-Ps did they make anyhow?

I had called Leica USA this week and according to the lady I spoke with they are still making them.  I'm not sure if that was accurate.  She did put me on hold to ask someone else and that's what she told me, they are still making them.  Wish they would update the EVF and keep making them at the lower price point, like sub 4K US.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nick Milner said:

I had a long think, glanced lovingly at my M6 and its lenses, and plonked the money on a mint, pre-owned M10 instead. Comes on Wednesday. :)

were it not for my older eyes, I'd take an M10 over my Q any day; and indeed, I still might! I absolutely love the images coming out of the M10. The Q is great, but to my eyes at least borders on being too digital, and the Q2 even more so. But the M10 somehow manages to reference film even as it has digital definition. The only problem with the M10 for me--but not for you as an M owner already--is that there are at least 10-15 M lenses that I really, really, really could not live without.

Edited by bags27
  • Like 1