jimleicam3

Availability of the Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks, we have a few nights in Tokyo, 10 nights travelling/exploring including some time in the mountains and country before returning to Tokyo to take our daughter to Disneyland before we fly back home to New Zealand. It's been a long time planning and saving, can't quite believe it's so close now!

On 3/17/2019 at 10:18 AM, perilrobot said:

FYI for B&H purchasers: it looks like they will tell you an estimated ship date if you ask them and it's soon enough that they have one already in the pipeline with your name on it. I ordered March 7th early in the day, and just heard back a few minutes ago that "your order is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by 4/1". So, I guess that also gives an idea of where you might stand if you _didn't_ order on launch day.

This is correct for B&H orders!! 

looks like im on the same batch with you. The rep told me they are getting a shipment to warehouse on April 1st, and will start processing all the order right away. just another week now!

10  Days is a fair amount of time  Sounds like you will make the best of it....  Loads  of things  to Photograph!

Ordered mine on March 8th on B&H. Their customer service just got back with me. My order is expected to arrive at their warehouse by 4/4/19.

got mine on day "one" - dealer had 7 q2 for the first day.... told me that he was sold out until april....

I'm sure that by the time i'm ready there wont be a problem getting one.  i would like to get it at the Leica store also.

I dont think  there will be much of a price difference either.

Leica Malaysia just confirmed I will have my Q2’s in time for my trip to Japan next month...........so excited

neil 

A bit frustrated now as I’d called B&H last week and was told that mine would be arriving in a March 28th shipment. Just called to confirm this and was told “unfortunately we don’t have an eta on this order.” I said that was different from what I was told last week to which she replied “we can never guarantee dates and all dates are subject to change.” I then stated “so mine has been changed then?” “Correct” she said. Ho hum... 😞

1 hour ago, TopherPhoto said:

A bit frustrated now as I’d called B&H last week and was told that mine would be arriving in a March 28th shipment. Just called to confirm this and was told “unfortunately we don’t have an eta on this order.” I said that was different from what I was told last week to which she replied “we can never guarantee dates and all dates are subject to change.” I then stated “so mine has been changed then?” “Correct” she said. Ho hum... 😞

I also just had the same conversation with a B&H supervisor. Was told Leica is being uncertain about next deliveries and the previous 3/28 shipment has moved out. I now have an indeterminate ETA. 

My guess is Leica is receiving far higher orders than planned or they’re experiencing production ramp issues. Both are pure conjecture on my part but it’s the best explanation I can dream up. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, toutsuite said:

3/9, right when they re-opened after Shabbat.

They are relaying super inconsistent information which should be unacceptable with such an expensive purchase. I ordered on 3/8 and was given 4/4/19 as my date yesterday when I asked.

Edited by emilefrey

2 minutes ago, emilefrey said:

They are relaying super inconsistent information which should be unacceptable with such a expensive (for me at least) purchase. I ordered on 3/8 and was given 4/4/19 as my date yesterday when I asked.

It definitely seems to vary depending on who you talk to, as well as which communications pathway (phone vs. live chat). The rep I spoke to this afternoon was clear they're working off a number and an expected shipment date provided by Leica. I have no idea how retailers track incoming shipments, or even if they do. She seemed to imply they just get whatever shows up on the trucks the next morning. 

I'm also on the waitlist with my local Leica store here in Los Angeles, who are even more in the dark. They seem to have no idea when shipments are coming or how many will be delivered at a time, and describe them as "trickling in" weekly at this point.

After reading some of the comments above, I chatted with B&H today about the status of my Q2 ordered 3/7 at 10:49 am Eastern.  I had been told 3/28 two weeks ago and 3/31 last week.  Today the rep said earliest would be 4/1.  Two hours later I got an email that the Q2 shipped. 

I order my Q2 through the Leica Australia store 3 business days after the Q2 was released.   I have just been advised that I will have my first Leica camera by this time next week.  .  Looking forward to it and increased involvement with this forum.