jimleicam3

Availability of the Q2

I ordered a Q2 online with a large UK camera store a couple of days ago. They told me that I was 59th in line and that they’ve received 4 units so far. I think it’s going to take a while. :(

So just picked up mine at Service photo in Baltimore MD.  Looks like US shipments  are coming in.  

I ordered mine on 3/7/19 and I received an email last night that Adorama was charing my credit card and I received a shipping confirmation email this evening. Whew! 

I buy a lot of professional cameras, but this one is the one that I'm most excited about! 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ordered on March 7th, received on March 19th.

Support your local Leica dealer!

First batches delivered on Finland, however small ones. Dealer couldn’t confirm when I can expect to get hand on mine (Q2) :(

Good luck. It is way easier to buy one in France. Big and steady deliveries of Q2. 

Weird all those problems in UK and in US. 

First deliveries in Australia Leica store expected some time in April.  

Just got an email that the second delivery to Leica Center in Stockholm was sent from their supplier today (March 22) and I should be able to pick up my Q2 on Wednesday (March 27) at the latest.

When Leica has released other models, was availability just as restricted as it is now with the Q2? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JimBo said:

When Leica has released other models, was availability just as restricted as it is now with the Q2? 

The Q was famously on backorder for a very long time. I had read reports that Leica was going to be better prepared this time around.

I tend to notice that availability of new cameras and lenses from any brand is almost always restricted on release in case of problems. I think it's still too early to tell how difficult it will be to pick up a Q2 outside of the "early adopter" stage. 

Edited by Flilow06

I paid a RM3000 deposit today on the assumption that I will get it before the 1st of May............we will wait and see

Neil

was #20 for popflash on monday. Today I was updated to be #18 due to 1 cancellation and 1 camera shipment for the week. Hoping the pace will pick up...

Hello all,

I'm new here...  I visited the Leica shop in NYC.  They had a Q2 to check out.  I'm new  to the world of Leica and i think the Q2 will be my "Gateway camera"

Good luck to all of you  with your new Bodies!

8 hours ago, Giguchan said:

Hello all,

I'm new here...  I visited the Leica shop in NYC.  They had a Q2 to check out.  I'm new  to the world of Leica and i think the Q2 will be my "Gateway camera"

Good luck to all of you  with your new Bodies!

And LENS!

Apparently the first Q2's will arrive in New Zealand late this week, just in time for my trip to Japan :)

I love Japan....

I think it's  street shooters  Paradise....  and thats not just  the city....  Do the city and then get out in the country....  Best of luck!