Jump to content
jimleicam3

Availability of the Q2

Recommended Posts

I put my name down in the UK at Park Cameras and Clifton Cameras, while in Paris this week there is a small boutique in La'Fayette shopping center, went in, the lady said she was expecting 2 or 3 that afternoon. Ask her to take my name, then last thing in the day she called, one or the people in front of me didn't show, nice new Q2 in my possession! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lloydwebb said:

I put my name down in the UK at Park Cameras and Clifton Cameras, while in Paris this week there is a small boutique in La'Fayette shopping center, went in, the lady said she was expecting 2 or 3 that afternoon. Ask her to take my name, then last thing in the day she called, one or the people in front of me didn't show, nice new Q2 in my possession! 

Very fortuitous. Nice one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, perilrobot said:

FYI for B&H purchasers: it looks like they will tell you an estimated ship date if you ask them and it's soon enough that they have one already in the pipeline with your name on it. I ordered March 7th early in the day, and just heard back a few minutes ago that "your order is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by 4/1". So, I guess that also gives an idea of where you might stand if you _didn't_ order on launch day.

You must have gotten a better customer service rep. that I did.  I received an email that they didn't know anything and I ordered March 7th at 9:24am eastern.

Edited by T.J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received email notification from B&H that my Q2 will arrive at their warehouse on 3/28 and will be shipped immediately. I ordered on 3/9 at 6:14 pm. Getting close! 

 

I inquired about my order by email and they responded with the expected shipment date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you pre-order (give them a credit card etc), or just request an availability notification email? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, iQ2 (formerly Infiniumguy) said:

I just received email notification from B&H that my Q2 will arrive at their warehouse on 3/28 and will be shipped immediately. I ordered on 3/9 at 6:14 pm. Getting close! 

 

I inquired about my order by email and they responded with the expected shipment date. 

That’s good news for me since I ordered March 7th.  I think I’ll try emailing B&H again and see what they say.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jon m said:

Did you pre-order (give them a credit card etc), or just request an availability notification email? 

I ordered and gave them a credit card. It was immediately charged the full amount. Normally this charge would be reversed the next day, but I used the app on my iphone and Apple Pay. They do not reverse Apple Pay charges so its a good thing my camera is coming soon. If you use a normal computer and the B&H website you can use a regular credit card. Then they don’t hold your money more than a day until the camera ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received an email from B&H that mine is due in the warehouse on March 28th.  Ordered on March 7th pretty early in the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iQ2 (formerly Infiniumguy) said:

I just received email notification from B&H that my Q2 will arrive at their warehouse on 3/28 and will be shipped immediately. I ordered on 3/9 at 6:14 pm. Getting close! 

 

I inquired about my order by email and they responded with the expected shipment date. 

Interesting.  I ordered mine on 3/8 at 11:39 AM.  I called today and asked about the approximate shipping date.  A very friendly fellow took a few moments and said they were expecting a shipment in early April but in all likelihood mine would not arrive until May.  I paid for mine via CC.  I think I'll try an email to them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received a reply to the email I sent B&H  this afternoon.  Seems I'm in the upcoming batch as well:

"Please be advised that your backorder is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by March 28th. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered mine on March 08 at Leica Frankfurt, picked it up on March 15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beauport said:

Interesting.  I ordered mine on 3/8 at 11:39 AM.  I called today and asked about the approximate shipping date.  A very friendly fellow took a few moments and said they were expecting a shipment in early April but in all likelihood mine would not arrive until May.  I paid for mine via CC.  I think I'll try an email to them.  

I would think you’d receive a first batch shipment unit unless they possibly have some ranking based upon previous business with B&H. Most camera stores that I know do favor long time customers. I’ve done quite a bit with them for 15 years. Still, the order said they would be filled on a first come, first served basis. I’d persist with them. Maybe they’ll pull you in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, iQ2 (formerly Infiniumguy) said:

I would think you’d receive a first batch shipment unit unless they possibly have some ranking based upon previous business with B&H. Most camera stores that I know do favor long time customers. I’ve done quite a bit with them for 15 years. Still, the order said they would be filled on a first come, first served basis. I’d persist with them. Maybe they’ll pull you in. 

I hadn't thought about giving any preferences to prior/large customers.  I've purchased regularly from them for many years.  I hope you're right and that my email was right about receiving one from the March 28th shipment. I needed to add a filter to my order and called B&H just now.  Ending the call I asked about when mine should be shipped and she said they are getting two orders, one on March 25 and one on March 28 and that I should receive mine from one of these shipments.  

Edited by beauport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beauport said:

I hadn't thought about giving any preferences to prior/large customers.  I've purchased regularly from them for many years.  I hope you're right and that my email was right about receiving one from the March 28th shipment. I needed to add a filter to my order and called B&H just now.  Ending the call I asked about when mine should be shipped and she said they are getting two orders, one on March 25 and one on March 28 and that I should receive mine from one of these shipments.  

Excellent. I hope you do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was deciding which to preorder from, Leica Miami or B&H.  Went with Leica Miami because of their excellent service.  But I have yet to hear from them.  It seems B&H is a larger dealer and receive a bigger shipment.  I am having the second thought...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, leicabug said:

I was deciding which to preorder from, Leica Miami or B&H.  Went with Leica Miami because of their excellent service.  But I have yet to hear from them.  It seems B&H is a larger dealer and receive a bigger shipment.  I am having the second thought...

I was added to Leica Miami’s list about the same time as with B&H. Absolutely no communication or encouragement from Leica Miami. B&H is very responsive, helpful and appears to be shipping me a camera from the 3/28 shipment. I’ve done a lot of business with Leica Miami and will continue to some degree. A bit disappointed over my Q2 experience with them. 

Edited by iQ2 (formerly Infiniumguy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pre-ordered at Pop Flash on the day of announcement. Initially I was 14th on the list and then dropped to 7th on the list due to cancelations. They contacted me this week and said that they received their initial shipment and it was 4 cameras. They do not know when the second shipment will be. They said Leica contacts them 2 days before with the number of cameras they will get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 10:00 AM, jon m said:

Anyone have updates on availability in the US?

Is stock in the US really that bad?  I don't see too many people from the US posting.

Yesterday a Leica Store told me 3 months on their list....  😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy