jimleicam3

Availability of the Q2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, KenTanaka said:

Ordered a Q2 from Dale Photo / Leica Store Miami early on March 7, the first order/announcement date.  I received mine yesterday, April 2. They've been good and frank in their correspondence with me.  They've only been getting "a couple at a time" and have only a day or two of notification before they arrive.  (Dale has been a good Leica dealer of mine for years, and consequently my go-to source for Leica products.)

BTW, extra batteries for the Q2 are also extremely scarce (and expensive!!) right now.  (I think it's the same battery used by the SL?)  So if you're waiting for a Q2 you might also want to begin shopping for an extra BP-SCL4 battery if you don't have one yet.

Good Advice.

When i was waiting for my Nikon D850  i did  exactly the same thing...  I purchased extra batteries,  XQD cards and everything i thought  that all the shops might run out of when the Body  started into the shops...  I think i saw the Battery  for the  Q2 is $250...  Ouch..  What i am doing  is Liquidating  my Sony Rx100V and the accessories  to  get me started on the accessories  for the Q2...  It will get me started...

You're right Ken...  3 days ago  they were everywhere...  Q2 batteries,  chargers are all  on BO.....

Good luck to all!

Edited by Giguchan

Posted (edited)

For the last few weeks I’ve been hoping Josh at Leica Store Miami will find my name has at last risen up the list so I can get the next Q2.  Then two days ago a dealer I know in Singapore messaged me to ask if I’d be interested in the single Q2 he had in store.

I’m now on the direct flight from Newark to Singapore (no, I happily I was scheduled to return today anyway).  He has promised to hand deliver it to my home before I get there 🙂

Edited by vikasmg

4 minutes ago, willteeyang said:

Any updates for this week? Anyone receive any units from BH or Adorama? Thanks.

Still waiting ... pre-ordered with B&H on March 13, was told to expect it at the end of March, and now they tell me there's no ETA. I'm #8 on a list at a NH camera shop, and they were expecting a shipment of 8 at the end of March ... still hasn't arrived.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 4/4/2019 at 10:34 PM, vikasmg said:

For the last few weeks I’ve been hoping Josh at Leica Store Miami will find my name has at last risen up the list so I can get the next Q2.  Then two days ago a dealer I know in Singapore messaged me to ask if I’d be interested in the single Q2 he had in store.

I’m now on the direct flight from Newark to Singapore (no, I happily I was scheduled to return today anyway).  He has promised to hand deliver it to my home before I get there 🙂

Sunder of Gope Photo delivered the camera a couple of hours after I arrived home.  Later, jet lagged, just past 2:00am I was messing with the camera in a dimly lit room and accidentally fired a shot at ISO 12500.  Surprisingly usage I think, though I did move the noise reduction slider to 30.

Delighted with the camera but more exploration must wait till I'm more awake.

6 hours ago, reynoldsyoung said:

Ordered from B&H on 3/7 at 12:42p....still nothing.  Bummer!!!!!

bummer, thanks for sharing that info. I ordered that Friday before they closed, I hope im not too far down the list from you. Please keep us posted once you hear anything!

Thank you!

I ordered from Park Cameras here in the U.K. on the 7th March and am still waiting.  

22 hours ago, vikasmg said:

Sunder of Gope Photo delivered the camera a couple of hours after I arrived home.  Later, jet lagged, just past 2:00am I was messing with the camera in a dimly lit room and accidentally fired a shot at ISO 12500.  Surprisingly usage I think, though I did move the noise reduction slider to 30.

Delighted with the camera but more exploration must wait till I'm more awake.

Nice photo...  I hope mine turn out like this.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:32 AM, JimBo said:

German companies have ERP systems too, and have absolutely no need to shut down for three weeks for any normal reason. If they really are shutting down, there must be some other major, unexpected problem... 

I sit corrected. Leica for some reason needs a physical inventory... go figure! they have 2 more weeks down....

3 minutes ago, JimBo said:

I sit corrected. Leica for some reason needs a physical inventory... go figure! they have 2 more weeks down....

Oh, did someone confirm that with you? I was really hoping that they'd still be shipping some out despite being closed for 3 weeks due to fiscal close period...dang 2 weeks+ will be a hard wait

2 hours ago, nariza7 said:

Oh, did someone confirm that with you? I was really hoping that they'd still be shipping some out despite being closed for 3 weeks due to fiscal close period...dang 2 weeks+ will be a hard wait

The Leica rep in Portland told me that today...

Posted (edited)

I am in Portland and met that rep yesterday. Small world.

I got super lucky. Ordered from B&H. Got super frustrated and ended up getting the call from Glazers that they had one. They called me on Friday 3/29 and it was in my hands Monday 4/1. Canceled B&H. Something with B&H seemed off. Around mid-March Customer Sevice there told me there were over 100 people on the list. And they kept postponing, and then had no info. Meanwhile the online ads imply they have it and to get it expedited shipping. It is a deceiving. 

Edited by travelfotographer
Typo

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, travelfotographer said:

I am in Portland and met that rep yesterday. Small world.

I told her that since I had already played with a Q2 I only had one question... “Did you bring enough for everybody?” That got a laugh!

I’m on Pro Photo’s list, but she estimated that they’d receive one unit every three weeks! She also said that Leica Stores and the large retailers don’t receive preferential treatment for distributions...

Edited by JimBo

I'm thinking of ordering one, but I have a funny feeling it will be months before my name reaches the top of a list.  I guess this is one of the advantages of being an early adopter. This would be my first Leica.

That seems to be Crutchfield’s projection. I’m not sure how they would know if B&H doesn’t. 

I spoke with a sales rep at Samy’s here in LA today (another list I’m on). In her experience, this kind of roll-out, or lack there of, isn’t unusual for Leica. Her interpretation is after the initial release, they judge public reception before ramping production up fully. 

Finally placed an order yesterday on B&H. I will update this thread if I hear any news. I've funded the new camera by selling a large stock of expired film from 2002/2005. I knew they would come handy at some point :) I will wait patiently while using my M10, Fuji X100F and Fuji XT3. I think I should be done for a while ... Or not :)