jimleicam3

Availability of the Q2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, NW67 said:

I just ordered one from Arte De Mano.......probably take a while to come

Trouble you  for a link?  Thank you.

*  I found the site...  sorry to bother you!  Hope you get it soon!

Edited by Giguchan

I jumped out of the queue, then. I found good pre-owned Q classic and bought that instead. Maybe if I feel like really needing the Q2, I'll have the switch when availability is better.  Meanwhile I enjoy my new toy.

6 hours ago, Matero said:

I jumped out of the queue, then. I found good pre-owned Q classic and bought that instead. Maybe if I feel like really needing the Q2, I'll have the switch when availability is better.  Meanwhile I enjoy my new toy.

Got my Q yesterday in silver (like the retro look it has) and will just wait for a limited edition Q2 after the kinks worked out!  The photos I’m getting with my Q are outstanding. I’ve chosen to go with monochrome but shoot dng so I can “think” in monochrome as I really feel that’s where this shines. Although the Leica colors are stunning as well. Lots to enjoy!! 

Went out and shot with my Q2 today for the first time. While I really loved it, the Q-P for $3895 would have been really tempting. I think in the long run I’ll be happy I got the Q2; just happy I didn’t have to make that decision. 

I've been on their site. They make some very nice cases  I think that i'm going to get one of these for when i get my Q2.

The videos on YT   really  show the craftsmanship....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/29/2019 at 10:13 AM, NW67 said:

I just ordered one from Arte De Mano.......probably take a while to come

forgive me....  I have to get used to this site....

As i was saying ...  I was on their site looking  over their cases..  I am going to get one for when my Q2 .

On 3/29/2019 at 8:07 PM, reynoldsyoung said:

I had ordered a second battery for the Q2 which had been backordered at B&H.  It shipped today.  Good sign!?!?!

I might sell my Sony RX100 and all of it's  accessories for the Leica Accessories.  and then Pay for the Q2 outright...  I've spent loads at B&H over the years...  I think this time  i'm going to purchase my Q2 at the Leica shop in Manhattan..

provided the price isn't that different.

On 3/30/2019 at 7:48 AM, Matero said:

Nice going man!!!!

I dont know  why it took me so long to realize  simplicity!

I got a call from Leica Las Vegas saying they had one for me, but I had already got mine from Leica USA. I was told I was #5 on the list in Vegas and have no idea how many they received, but might be worth a call.

31 minutes ago, iTiki said:

I got a call from Leica Las Vegas saying they had one for me, but I had already got mine from Leica USA. I was told I was #5 on the list in Vegas and have no idea how many they received, but might be worth a call.

Did you get the call today (Sunday 3/31)? I'm currently on 2 waiting lists ... B&H (ordered 3/13) and my local Hunt's here in New Hampshire. Both expected deliveries "at the end of the month," but seemed fairly pessimistic when I inquired.

2 hours ago, iTiki said:

Ugh, driving me up the wall. I was in town this morning and would gladly have purchased there if I’d seen this message in time!

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Learner said:

According to this webpage, 5-month waiting list in London:

https://www.leicastore-uk.co.uk/collections/q-cameras/products/q2-black

I was curious about availability  in Europe...  well  it's shorter than a stainless steel Rolex.

Thanks

Edited by Giguchan

13 hours ago, jennyology said:

Did you get the call today (Sunday 3/31)? I'm currently on 2 waiting lists ... B&H (ordered 3/13) and my local Hunt's here in New Hampshire. Both expected deliveries "at the end of the month," but seemed fairly pessimistic when I inquired.

I used Hunts in RI  when i needed a D850 Nikon...  they came through in about 2 weeks..  Hope you get your Q2  soon!

12 hours ago, toutsuite said:

Ugh, driving me up the wall. I was in town this morning and would gladly have purchased there if I’d seen this message in time!

I'm not sure how long their list is. The one allocated to me probably went to the next person on the list. He didn't say how many the got in or if the had any for sale on the floor, but I thought it might be worth a call for someone to see what their availability status might be.

Mine has just arrived with my local shop in New Zealand, pre-ordered before the official announcement and this is apparently the first one in the country. Fly out to Japan on Friday so it will get plenty of use in the next couple of weeks :)

8 hours ago, ricky1981 said:

Mine has just arrived with my local shop in New Zealand, pre-ordered before the official announcement and this is apparently the first one in the country. Fly out to Japan on Friday so it will get plenty of use in the next couple of weeks :)

Everybody's  going to Japan!

Love it there....  I've got 2 reasons to be jealous of someone I've never met.  Enjoy Japan and the new Camera!

9 hours ago, ricky1981 said:

We should post Q vs Q2 in Japan pics when we’re done! I’ll be there with my new Q the 13th-22nd! 🤣😂