jimleicam3

Availability of the Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I ordered from Adorama on May 10th and the order shipped yesterday (September 10th) and was delivered today. Have not had the chance to play with the Q2 yet as I'm traveling, will report when I get back.

I ordered the Q2 from Adorama on 5/13. There was absolutely no way it was coming anytime soon - so... I canceled my order and bought it from Gary at Florham Camera in NJ. He is a true gentleman after the delivery didn't arrive on Thursday, he drove to the Leica HQ and picked up a Q2 for me to make sure I had it for the weekend. Exactly 4 months to the day I ordered from Adorama. If you're tired of waiting - cancel your orders at B7H and Adorama and Gary can turn it around a lot sooner. I'm just bummed I didn't do this months ago, but I can tell ya, I made a friend for life and anytime I need any more Leica gear - I'm going with Gary Florham!

1 hour ago, KidSkee said:

I ordered the Q2 from Adorama on 5/13. There was absolutely no way it was coming anytime soon - so... I canceled my order and bought it from Gary at Florham Camera in NJ. He is a true gentleman after the delivery didn't arrive on Thursday, he drove to the Leica HQ and picked up a Q2 for me to make sure I had it for the weekend. Exactly 4 months to the day I ordered from Adorama. If you're tired of waiting - cancel your orders at B7H and Adorama and Gary can turn it around a lot sooner. I'm just bummed I didn't do this months ago, but I can tell ya, I made a friend for life and anytime I need any more Leica gear - I'm going with Gary Florham!

+1!  Totally agree!  I will use Gary at Florham for my future Leica acquisitions.  Thoroughly enjoying my Q2 - still a lot to learn.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:00 AM, fredus said:

Received my Q2 from B&H after 4 (long) months. Couldn't be happier. Thanks for whoever gave the dental floss tip to install the peak design attachment to the camera's lugs ... It would have driven me crazy without the tip :) Installed a no glare expert shield screen as I do with all my camera and I'm all set to go! 

which strap did you get mate?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 9/14/2019 at 2:04 PM, KidSkee said:

I did EXACTLY the same as you. Ordered through Adorama, cancelled it, ordered through Gary at Florham on August 1st. Picked up my Q2 six days later. Nice guy to work with, he's getting me a spare battery when they come in. Will go back to him for other Leica gear too...

ps. Now I have a Q2, anyone looking for a Fujifilm X70, I have one, and it's being sold? 

Edited by Charlie F.

In case anyone is interested, my local (small) Leica dealer has two Q2s in stock as of today. The place is OC Camera in Mission Viejo, California. Call and ask for Roozbeh or Ronnie.

(949) 347-1276

Anybody have any luck with a Leica Q2 in Canada? Been on pre-order since June and no updates from the retailer...

weird, widely available in France since early septembre.

you can literally walk into any Leica stores, pay 4,990€ and play with it. 

To be honest France has been extremely well supplied since the launch day.

20 units available right after the launch workshops. Then large shipments every two weeks. No problem at all to get one here. 

It is in stock in the main dealer in Luxembourg.