jimleicam3

Availability of the Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Could be worse, I'm apparently the first person on the list for the Q2 in New Zealand (preordered before the announcement) and we haven't had a single camera in the country yet.

On 3/8/2019 at 8:43 PM, jimleicam3 said:

Any news on when the Q2 will ship in the US?

Received mine yesterday. Ordered the day of release directly from Leica USA. Would have received it last week, but there was a snafu with UPS that caused a several day delay.

12 hours ago, beauport said:

I hadn't thought about giving any preferences to prior/large customers.  I've purchased regularly from them for many years.  I hope you're right and that my email was right about receiving one from the March 28th shipment. I needed to add a filter to my order and called B&H just now.  Ending the call I asked about when mine should be shipped and she said they are getting two orders, one on March 25 and one on March 28 and that I should receive mine from one of these shipments.  

I haven’t heard 3/25 at all, only 3/28. Seems like a small difference but we’re keaving for a road trip on 3/30, so 3/25 has at least a small chance of getting to me on time. Can you confirm?

I’m thinking of getting one too but looks like it will be quite a wait here in Asia. 

Neil

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 hours ago, toutsuite said:

I haven’t heard 3/25 at all, only 3/28. Seems like a small difference but we’re keaving for a road trip on 3/30, so 3/25 has at least a small chance of getting to me on time. Can you confirm?

I talked with a representative at B&H and they changed my shipment to 1 day. That may be normal method for this kind of purchase, but it definitely helps me get it fast. I’m hoping 3/29 from a 3/28 shipment. Fingers crossed 🤞 

11 hours ago, toutsuite said:

I hadn't heard 3/25 either but the associate specifically said they were getting two shipments in March, one the 25th and the second on the 28th.  Fingers crossed also.

From what I was told, there’s a 2-3 day delay for processing once their shipment arrives. For me, anything after 3/25 is doubtful for our trip. Which is fine, of course. It’d just be nice to have. 

I’m also on the lists at my local Leica store (top 15 as of yesterday) and a larger local camera store. I’m hoping the 3/28 shipment hits them as well and I can pick up then. Of course, it’d be nice to save on sales tax. 

I’m thinking of getting one too but looks like it will be quite a wait here in Asia. 

Neil

Which is a shame as I’m heading to japan on the 16 th April and it would have been nice to take a Q2 with me

neil

My email says my camera is to arrive “by March 28th.’  I would take that to sound like there is more than one shipment enroute. 

Posted (edited)

Just called B&H and was told they’re now expecting deliveries on the 25th, 27th, and 28th. 300 units in total. No way to tell me where I am on the list or which of those shipments would be mine. 

Edited by toutsuite

2 minutes ago, toutsuite said:

Just called B&H and was told they’re not expecting deliveries on the 25th, 27th, and 28th. 300 units in total. No way to tell me where I am on the list or which of those shipments would be mine. 

They’re NOT????

Just got an alert that B&H has charged my credit card!  Checking their website, my order now states that it is "In stock, order sent to Warehouse."   🙂

33 minutes ago, iQ2 (formerly Infiniumguy) said:

They’re NOT????

sorry for laughing Dan. I know I'm being sadistic here, but that is very, very funny!

6 hours ago, activeuk said:

any stock in the uk?

There seems to be a trickle, I ordered mine from Leica in Manchester and when I called this morning they said they'd had some they just sent out, asked to confirm how big the waiting list was and although quite large wasn't too bad, very large waiting list in the Mayfair shop I believe.  Manchester Leica ask for 10% deposit which I suppose discourages those ordering from multiple locations in the hope of striking lucky.  Where am I on the list? Not a million miles away apparently lol.  Good things come those that wait, or so I keep telling myself, my first ever Leica, looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, T.J. said:

Just got an alert that B&H has charged my credit card!  Checking their website, my order now states that it is "In stock, order sent to Warehouse."   🙂

Just received shipping notice with tracking number from B&H!  Only problem is I am traveling and will not be able to pick it up until I return to my office next week.  😞