jimleicam3

Availability of the Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

Anyone got the Q2 from Adorama? I called them today and they said they haven't received any shipment of Q2 since it's release date but yet I think there was one person claimed to received one from them. Thanks!

I ordered from B&H on March 7 at 12:42p.  Nothing  yet.  Did anyone order that day and receive theirs?  Worried they may have lost it.  The order doesn't show up in "MY ORDERS" in my account either.  Bummer!!

2 hours ago, reynoldsyoung said:

I ordered from B&H on March 7 at 12:42p.  Nothing  yet.  Did anyone order that day and receive theirs?  Worried they may have lost it.  The order doesn't show up in "MY ORDERS" in my account either.  Bummer!!

Do you have a confirmation email with an order number? If so, the easiest way to check status would be to call them. To answer your question, some people who ordered on 3/7 have received theirs, but not everyone. 

Yes....have a confirmation email.  I will give them a call.  Many thanks...feeling better that I may not be the only one.

3 hours ago, reynoldsyoung said:

Ordered March 7th at 9:24am and received my Q2 last Monday.  If you ordered online, it should show up in My Orders.  If you ordered by phone, it may not. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, reynoldsyoung said:

I ordered mine from B&H at 4:21pm EST on 3/7. Still haven’t received mine, so you haven’t been bypassed...

It does show up in “My orders” though.

Fred

Thanks, Fred....apparently my order didn't "sync" according to CS.  I have contacted B&H web support.  Should be fine.

I will let you know if I get any additional info!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, reynoldsyoung said:

Thanks, Fred....apparently my order didn't "sync" according to CS.  I have contacted B&H web support.  Should be fine.

I will let you know if I get any additional info!

Did they say anything about an updated ETA? They were originally expecting a large shipment last Thursday, but then switched to “no ETA.” Curious if they have any new info. 

Edited by toutsuite

Just checked with B&H Rep. Apparently the shipment that supposed to come in yesterday(4/1/19) never came. And they no longer have the shipment arrival date from Leica anymore.

Such a bummer. I have no idea how deep I'm in the queue since he said they cannot give out that information. 

3 hours ago, nariza7 said:

Anyone ordered from Pop flash and got theirs?

I prepaid on day one when they opened and got in the queue, which was about 20 long at that point.  They have been very good about keeping me up to date when they get cameras in and/or people drop out. I'm in the single digits now.  They have shipped out a few based on what I was told.

Has anyone in the UK had theirs delivered yet? Everywhere is still showing as pre-order or email me when available. Ive had a pre-order in since 19 March, but no update on delivery.

1 hour ago, Blackwood said:

Has anyone in the UK had theirs delivered yet? Everywhere is still showing as pre-order or email me when available. Ive had a pre-order in since 19 March, but no update on delivery.

Preordered mine on 13th. Still a long wait. @dancook has his. But he ordered on release.

I have had mine for 10 days or so but had been on the list since last year and ordered on release

Placed an order with park cameras moments after getting an email to say the camera had been launched. Took their only stock I believe, received it the day after

3 hours ago, Blackwood said:

Has anyone in the UK had theirs delivered yet?

@dancook just beat me to the one that Park Cameras had on the day of the launch. I ordered moments after the launch and received mine one week later (14th March).

Stephen

Im just hoping to receive mine from popflash by mid may for a trip thats end of may...hard to wait if popflash isnt getting any shipment for  the first 3 weeks in april..

Ordered a Q2 from Dale Photo / Leica Store Miami early on March 7, the first order/announcement date.  I received mine yesterday, April 2. They've been good and frank in their correspondence with me.  They've only been getting "a couple at a time" and have only a day or two of notification before they arrive.  (Dale has been a good Leica dealer of mine for years, and consequently my go-to source for Leica products.)

BTW, extra batteries for the Q2 are also extremely scarce (and expensive!!) right now.  (I think it's the same battery used by the SL?)  So if you're waiting for a Q2 you might also want to begin shopping for an extra BP-SCL4 battery if you don't have one yet.

Well, the M10 I ordered - after cancelling my Q2 order because I couldn't wait 3 months with my money earning interest in a camera store's bank account rather than mine - arrived today and I've already fallen in love. It feels like my M6 but with "instant" results - it's like an old friend already,. I still think the Q2 is a really interesting and beautiful-looking camera, but I don't regret the change of direction.