Availability of the Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mine was ordered from B&H right after the announcement.  It shipped when they said and arrived at my office last Monday.  Unfortunately, I have been away and just arrived home today.  Will pick up at work tomorrow.  Yeah!

Edited by T.J.
  • Like 1

I ordered from B&H on March 9th. Two days after intro. My mistake for dithering about ordering. I was told last week that it would likely ship 3/31. Yesterday, I was informed that they no longer have a ship date. Reading between the lines, it seems to me that Leica is either being inconsistent on delivery or they are behind on their production ramp. Regardless, it looks like it'll be into April before I get my camera and the exact date is indeterminate. 

So... I jumped ship and got the Q in silver (much prefer the retro look of that one) and will just wait for a limited edition Q2 and let all the kinks get worked out by then. Leaving for Japan on April 13th so I really wanted to have a good compact camera for that trip (still bringing my Sony a7riii of course). Feels like the right decision for me for now and now hopefully that’ll help one of you get one sooner! Cheers! 

2 hours ago, toutsuite said:

Just called B&H. They said they received an update today that there is "no ETA" at this point for the next shipment.

If they’re being truthful, I wonder if Leica is having production issues or just totally misread the market for the Q2. Or maybe it’s a brilliant strategy to move more Q inventory to frustrated Q2 hopefuls!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There was a huge demand and a large backlog of orders for the original Q three years ago, so my guess is Leica did anticipate it but is still having trouble keeping up with the pace. Frankly, they've probably never had this much demand for a new release and aren't really in the same mass-production league as Canon, Nikon, and Sony.

11 hours ago, jeff_m said:

Just received notice my Q2 has shipped. Order at Leica Store during introduction on March 7. Was told by manager it will take until fall to clear back orders. The amount of Q2 that have been ordered is ridiculous. 

It's like what Nikon did with the D850...  almost a year  for some people.. and for that matter I  think Rolex is doing the same thing.

13 hours ago, TopherPhoto said:

So... I jumped ship and got the Q in silver (much prefer the retro look of that one) and will just wait for a limited edition Q2 and let all the kinks get worked out by then. Leaving for Japan on April 13th so I really wanted to have a good compact camera for that trip (still bringing my Sony a7riii of course). Feels like the right decision for me for now and now hopefully that’ll help one of you get one sooner! Cheers! 

Good luck man!!

I love Japan..You might be able to get a Q2 in Japan!

• Like 1

Battery on charge. Mine came with a spare battery and LCD protector. ........  I can’t find anywhere that has a half case for it though. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

vor 16 Minuten schrieb NW67:

Battery on charge. Mine came with a spare battery and LCD protector. ........  I can’t find anywhere that has a half case for it though. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

What happened to “I just don’t get on too well with 28 mm,” remember?

Just now, Chaemono said:

What happened to “I just don’t get on too well with 28 mm,” remember?

I said that............ well if I did it’s time to get on with it. 

I will have this thing dancing in Japan 😂😂😂

neil

17 hours ago, JimBo said:

If they’re being truthful, I wonder if Leica is having production issues or just totally misread the market for the Q2. Or maybe it’s a brilliant strategy to move more Q inventory to frustrated Q2 hopefuls!

This is the story with almost every Leica new release....... the strategy is the same every time......

1. Produce an initial limited batch ...... enough for one or two per dealer worldwide to get them in circulation.

2. Produce the second, larger batch for distribution 6-8 weeks later.

Keep producing batches intermittently at a rate that is just below 'riot producing level' to drip feed the market till things slow down.

I suspect nothing Leica makes is in constant production ..... they switch constantly between bodies and various lens models, not having the capacity to produce everything all of the time. It's uneconomic to have warehouses of unsold stock, so they always seem to be running just below demand.

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Giguchan said:

Half case?  you mean the leather ones?  Maybe on the Leica site?  I haven't looked either.

I just ordered one from Arte De Mano.......probably take a while to come