I hate the new m10- and why

jaques

and i think I'll stick with my horrible m240- and try to forget all about the m10- it's an awful camera after all, just awful-  and maybe, just maybe- I'll pick one up used in 2 years time for a fraction of the cost. Australian dollar is so low at the moment the m10 just isn't something I can bring myself to spring for much as I dislike it.

and let's be honest- the God-awful flickering, lagging supposedly 'useless'  m240 EVF is eminently usable- and the old 'yesteryear' sensor image quality is perfectly adequate for a rank amateur like me- I am spoiled.

there is no buzz, there is no buzz, there is no buzz...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by jaques
  • Like 5

So much emotion for a collection of metal, glass, electronic circuits, and silicon chips! Surely, it's only a camera! What is it that makes Leica different?  ;)

So true...

Take a Digilux 3 and see the pictures you can make. Any difference? I doubt that .......

Leica is definitely overpayed and no better than most other camera makers .......

The only thing I hate about the M10 is the fact that I do not have $6600 discretionary spending USDs at the moment.  Other than that, what's not to like?

Well, for one the battery is larger in my children's Buzz Lightyear talking figure

Edited by hollisd

The only thing I hate about the M10 is the fact that I do not have $6600 discretionary spending USDs at the moment.  Other than that, what's not to like?

exactly, the only thing to fault on the M10 is price.... if if cost around 1/3 I'd buy it today :) 

• Like 1

The Leica I most hate is M-D, after it I´m not interested in any other except an extra M-D body, I must have two... or three.

This is the best reply yet.  And so true.  Hold an M-D and there is nothing to wish for.  The rationale for ISO 50,000 I cannot comprehend.

This is the best reply yet.  And so true.  Hold an M-D and there is nothing to wish for.  The rationale for ISO 50,000 I cannot comprehend.

The M-D would've greatly benefitted from the new body design and sensor. 

Personally, I haven't tried the M10 nor have I truly played with SL or Q files ... so I don't know what those sensors are capable of doing.

I do know however that I didn't like my M240 - it felt soulless and dull and I didn't like the sensor.  After around two month of using it I sold it and funded my S.

The M9, along with my 35mm Summilux is still my favourite possession.

• Like 2

My M246 is still as good (or bad)) as it ever was. The M10 is not better (for me). So no problem at all, the M246 is still going strong.  :D

And some colleagues say that their Mono (the first) is still good enough, and all they really need and want.

I do not believe that an M10 Mono would add a lot of pleasure or add anything "essential". So the "normal M10" even less.

But without any other Leica around, the M10 is certainly a temptation.

My M246 is still as good (or bad)) as it ever was. The M10 is not better (for me). So no problem at all, the M246 is still going strong.  :D

And some colleagues say that their Mono (the first) is still good enough, and all they really need and want.

I do not believe that an M10 Mono would add a lot of pleasure or add anything "essential". So the "normal M10" even less.

But without any other Leica around, the M10 is certainly a temptation.

Every M camera model ever made is a temptation!  :lol: