waiting for the R to M adapter

hejenk

It does look like they are starting to appear in greater volumes. Leica has finally woken up to the real level of interest in using their back catalogue of lenses and we could even have a situation where there are more R lenses being actively used on M240s than are still being used on Rx film cameras.

I have noticed a dearth of good R glass on eBay in the past few months and an increase in the price of the pieces that are there. I assume this correlates with the delivery of RM adapters.

Maybe a bit, but on many R lenses which were produced to only around 2k examples, price increase is understandable. I have one of which only 155 examples were produced.

I have heard rumors of less than 200. There is one for sale on ebay for $15,000 if anyone is interested. It looks like a beast of a lens.....:D

Hallo,

de adapter wordt volgens mij "kunstmatig" ingehouden.

Wegens een speciale tegemoetkoming van Leica Solms ,kon ik mijn "M" onmiddellijk afhalen,inclusief de adapter "R to M". Ik heb toen gevraagd naar de reden van de maar niet op gang komende leveringen...men wist mij er niet op te antwoorden...!!

Volgens mij probeert Leica op die manier nog wat M lenzen te verkopen...geen twijfel mogelijk.:mad:

Hallo,

de adapter wordt volgens mij "kunstmatig" ingehouden.

Wegens een speciale tegemoetkoming van Leica Solms ,kon ik mijn "M" onmiddellijk afhalen,inclusief de adapter "R to M". Ik heb toen gevraagd naar de reden van de maar niet op gang komende leveringen...men wist mij er niet op te antwoorden...!!

Volgens mij probeert Leica op die manier nog wat M lenzen te verkopen...geen twijfel mogelijk.:mad:

The adapter exists already...no doubt about that !!

I became a "special offer" from the factory ( they asked me not to give free any details-so please don't ask )-so I was invited to collect the "M" immediately ,together with the R to M adapter.

I asked for the reason of the delay...but they did not "want" to give an answer to that question.

Leica wants to sell some M lenses first...I'm sure about that !!

Grtz.

Ivo

Rahn is the first Leica dealer period. What they know can be disputed, of course, but then tell me where you get different number, other than 300 which even Overgaard comments on.

It seems we see about one per month show up and that could be the same one month after month. In any event it must have been the least produced R lens, but still holds bragging rights as the best zoom ever produced.

Ivo

Are you answering a question someone asked you?

Edited by algrove

Rahn is the first Leica dealer period. What they know can be disputed, of course, but then tell me where you get different number, other than 300 which even Overgaard comments on.

It seems we see about one per month show up and that could be the same one month after month. In any event it must have been the least produced R lens, but still holds bragging rights as the best zoom ever produced.

We should start to collect serial numbers. :)

You can find production numbers ranging from 155 to 400.

There where 2 production batches according to some.

What is for sure is that some months after the official announcement by Leica of stopping of the production, it was still made in Solms. I saw it with my own eyes at the time.

And I also have one bought second hand when Leica-R lenses where out of favor after the dismiss of the prospect of any R10. It is amazingly good even if I prefer the 28-90 in actual use (convenience) on the M(240).

I don't think anybody ever tried to compare the Vario-Elmarit 35-70/2,8 with the latest 24-70/2,8 from Canon or Nikon. It could be interesting.

• Like 1

Finally. I have to say it is very well made and finished. Indeed, it reads, MADE IN PORTUGAL 14642. Now I'm just waiting to get my M back from NJ.:(

It is indeed. I only got to try the Chinese version for a very brief time and the Leica quality and fit is much better.