waiting for the R to M adapter

hejenk

• 3 weeks later...

Miracles do happen ! I ordered an R to M adapter together with the M 240 the day it was announced (days before Photokina 2012) through my local dealer. At that time I started looking for a nice R lens to complement my M collection. I was not under a time pressure since it would take months before I would get the new body.

The M arrived in June 2013 and I decided to cancel my order for the R adapter in September 2013. I hadn't found an R lens to my liking yet and found the wait for the adapter ridiculous.

Just weeks after the cancellation I got the opportunity to buy a mint 28-90 Vario Elmarit. Time to reorder the R adapter. Three months of waiting later I decided to buy an el cheapo adaptor from a Chinees eBay store, started using the superb R lens and forgot completely about the Leica R adapter on order.

Yesterday, almost 18 months after my initial order, BAM ! The Leica R to M dropped in, and I must say it's a nice product, like most Leica stuff.

Lessons learned: Never order something when Leica announces a new product. Do not fool yourself. Just ignore it's existence (because it doesn't). Only when it's available on the shelves of your local store consider if it would mean an added value to your Leica collection. Life is to short to even try to think in Leitz-years :o

• 2 weeks later...

Well at long last ... I have waited about 18 months since my initial order and finally yesterday my adapter arrived. A very nice and well made piece but why oh why has it taken so long? Perhaps Belgium is a distant outpost in Leica world but given Leica's deafening silence on its production process I should be at least grateful.

Now I just have to wait for the rain to stop to go for a walk and try and photograph the green parrots that have taken up residence in my local park.

• 2 months later...

I have used for many years the Manfrotto RC2/PL200 QR plate system. Now this is not the neatest or most modern system but it is economical, very easy to use, totally secure (I have never had a camera come off, using up to large format cameras with these plates) and there is a huge range of heads to go with them. In that I now have 10 different heads for 5 tripods and 2 monopods, it would be a huge heave for me to change now. My favourite heads are the joystick heads, where I have both the 222RC2 vertical and 342RC2 side handle models. A knurled knob makes it a matter of seconds to change the friction.

Wilson

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!