anti theft camera bag for your M?

leicatraveller

Advertisement (gone after registration)

hello i was thinking if there is some anti theft camera bag/strap for protecting my M especially when i m in travel for long time (especially when eating at restaurant when people leave bags under table or on chairs...)

also it would be nice a bag with a sort of sensor that sound if someone stole (i.e. one part in your pocket and one in camera bag and when they separate for X meters it will sound)

i think it will be very useful

Not sure that's going to help. Once you realise your alarm is going off the thief is already away and running and you've not even got out of your seat!

I would suggest taking care of your belongings. If you put a bag under your chair put the strap through one of the legs, or your own leg!

How about a bag with an airbag fitted and a remote control in your pocket to fire it. Thief is suddenly bowled over by an enormous balloon as he tries to make off - or even better gets stuck in a doorway. We know that the technology exists:D.

All the anti-theft bags in the world are not going to help when there's a knife at your throat!

Answer - proper insurance.

A manfrotto monopod helped me out a few years ago on a shoot in an underpass not sure if a knife was going to be involved i didn't give him chance

I practice baritsu.

Pacsafe products are for those nervous of their own shadow who worry about stepping outside their front door and who haven't considered the risk of being towed down the street by their "unbreakable" bag strap behind a moped...

Regards,

Bill

Sent from another Galaxy

Edited by bill

Just hire this guy:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Answer - proper insurance.

I agree. I don't think that photo gear needs to be in all sorts of protective cases and bags and out of sight, etc.. It gets a bit extreme, imho. Plus I'd rather have it immediately at hand and make the image rather than hiding or disguising it from view because of any possibility of theft, etc.. (And I've photographed in extremely dangerous conditions where one wouldn't want to be even without cameras.)

I do realize some of the concerns, but just use common sense and insure your gear. That way you'll have less chance of dying from stress about anything being stolen before anything is actually ever stolen. :)

I don't think that is of any interest to any opportunistic thief. They see a bag, grab it and find out about the contents later. If they want to fence it for drugs, they get 20 Euro for a camera, regardless of brand.

You are looking for HipKey proximity and movement alarm. Works with iPhone. You would hide the little round disk in the bag. It works via Blutooth. You can use short distance so if someone grabs the bag it'll go off in when the bag gets 10 or 15 ft away. You can turn it on with you phone and off ... Or on the fob. The long distance alarm is about 150'. You could also turn on the motion sensor, so anyone that picks it up will have it go off right away. It's pretty much perfect for what you want it for. JD

When you travel through crowded train stations like Firenze SNM it is nice to have a Pacsafe backpack so people have a hard time unzipping the pack when it is on your back. I carry my gear in an insert inside the Pacsafe backpack. I do not intend to prevent an armed face to face robbery, but rather to deter theft when in crowded places. You can also hook it onto a chair while you eat. Since I have to carry a pack, it adds a little security.