APO 50 delivery status

SiggiGun

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I put an order down about a month ago. Unexpexted things can happen very quickly, you know ;)

I could possibly pick one up if I made a quick trip over to Wetzlar.

Have you tried Leica Mayfair? Although a trip to Wetzlar is always fun! I would e-mail first.

Not that I'm in the least bit interested in owning one, but it was Leica Mayfair who suggested that a trip to Wetzlar might prove fruitful. (Mayfair have none and have apparently received very, very few since their release.) ............. I shan't be going, I just wouldn't be able to trust myself amongst all those sweeties. ;)

BTW, as an aside, I understand that this APO 50 is not especially new in that for years before they started manufacturing them for sale to the public they were in use at the factory as a reference lens.

• Like 1

Moi? No way ;), though I think I might agree that I'm over-luxed. Indeed, I've been casually thinking of swapping out my Lux 35 (fle) and getting a 35 Cron as the lighter, smaller alternative and to redress the Lux/Cron balance?

Scary, fortunately no order in the offing from me though it has been suggested that if I was very anxious to part with €6,500 I could possibly pick one up if I made a quick trip over to Wetzlar.

Not be invited to or come across any of these, yet. So on the basis of 'out of sight out of mind' and given the APO sells at 3x the price of whatever I could realistically recoup on my Lux 50, I guess I'm safe for the time being.

Ok, if you are not over-luxed then you might be under-Summicroned. That said for me the last lux I would part with would be my 35 FLE, 75 lux aside.

• Like 1

Ok, if you are not over-luxed then you might be under-Summicroned. That said for me the last lux I would part with would be my 35 FLE, 75 lux aside.

Ok, truth is I can't see myself parting with any of my luxes except possibly my 50 if I got persuaded to lash out and buy the APO. Even then I might well keep both, though in practice, having committed that sort of dosh, I don't think the Lux would get much used thereafter.

Ok, truth is I can't see myself parting with any of my luxes except possibly my 50 if I got persuaded to lash out and buy the APO. Even then I might well keep both, though in practice, having committed that sort of dosh, I don't think the Lux would get much used thereafter.

Since you're not looking for one I guess it's safe to mention that Schouten have a pair of them with consecutive serial numbers for an exorbitant price.... :p

Since you're not looking for one I guess it's safe to mention that Schouten have a pair of them with consecutive serial numbers for an exorbitant price.... :p

All mention of "exorbitant price" puts a cold shiver down my spine. As if the list price wasn't already exorbitant enough ............ I'm immune, unless the Chancellor offers me a huge tax refund and quite frankly hell is more likely to freeze over than that to happen ;)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just recieved mine. Number 04296. But have awful thought. Do somebody have something like this? New lens. Never got something like this from leica:(

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

3. How do you thing what it is?

Just recieved mine. Number 04296. But have awful thought. Do somebody have something like this? New lens. Never got something like this from leica:(

I feel so sorry for you. That has to go back. It is a great lens however.

It's a bit unclear to see what you are looking at due to the size of the pictures and the reflection on the lens. Is it the aperture blades that is the problem?

It's a bit unclear to see what you are looking at due to the size of the pictures and the reflection on the lens. Is it the aperture blades that is the problem?

Yes it is. Some of the blades are not closing at f 2.0.

I looked on this when I felt resistance close to f.20 when I turn aperture ring.

Numbers: Thx! I think the same. Just not my luck to get this one.

• Like 1

Terrible. I would be extremely pissed off if this was my lens.

Might I suggest you return it for an exchange, even if you have to wait and/or get your money back for the moment - do not accept them sending it off for repairs.

Disgraceful, especially for such an exotic lens.

I agree that the blades are a mess, too bad but definitely needs to be returned.

However, what is it with the front of the lens, I can see three small arms sticking out in front of the lens, looks like a part of the sliding hood?

Really awful to get such a pricely lens in such bad condition. What is bad that I bought it in US. Now I am in Europe. So it is easier for me to sent it to Leica than to the seller. Already contacted to them. They are surprised as well. But I after 7+ thousand dollars is more surprised than they are:) will send it to them. What is pity it was really hard for me to get it, I am now in Italy, wanted to test it there. Now aperture ring start to work very bad. So I hide this lens in bag. Will use my 35. Will get more and closer look of Italy:)

I looked earlier today on ebay and there were 12 APO 50's for sale. A lot of the recent deliveries are out there for a profit. FWIW

Just like when the first M240 where delivered. I doubt it will continue when demand has been saturated more. They dont make a lot of them but it is not a lens for everyone with that price tag, and there are great alternatives.