APO 50 delivery status

SiggiGun

I hope that's the case. I paid a deposit for mine at Red Dot six months ago and, in the light of the price rise, I was warned I will be charged whatever Leica's price to them will be, allowing for markup. That would be fair practice by RD, so I hope Leica remember their policy :o

Perhaps I should have said that it's policy at reputable dealers, as noted here. I hope Red Dot is in that mix. I only order from dealers that meet these and other fair practices.

Jeff

• Like 1

I ordered mine in December 2012 and received it last week :):):)

I guess that now that the new production site has opened the bottleneck will quickly be resolved

First pictures look fabulous compared to the Summicron f2.0.

No idea how they solved the problems . Anybody's guess?

I wonder how long newly placed orders will take to be delivered… got my order in just before the increase. It seems some are popping up for sale here and there. A sign that inventory is increasing?

One question is how many of these orders are multiple from different vendors? I ordered before July 1 from 5 different vendors. First one in will get the business, the others will be cancelled.

One question is how many of these orders are multiple from different vendors? I ordered before July 1 from 5 different vendors. First one in will get the business, the others will be cancelled.

The 4 you do not take the lens from will sell them no problem.

I hope that's the case. I paid a deposit for mine at Red Dot six months ago and, in the light of the price rise, I was warned I will be charged whatever Leica's price to them will be, allowing for markup. That would be fair practice by RD, so I hope Leica remember their policy :o

I have one on order since September. My dealer has said that because it was ordered prior to the price increase it will be delivered at the old price. I got the impression that their price directly from Leica will also be the lower price. If Red Dot ordered six months ago, that order too will be filled at the old price, so you should be fine.

• Like 2

I wonder how many have been received in Australia?

I decided to re-add myself to the waiting list to avoid the price rise.

(I took myself off a list last year when I read about the flare issues and production delays; the money was used to buy another lens).

Australian stock comes from the Singapore distributor. As far as I am aware after the initial batch we haven't had any more as yet. I would be surprised if however many we receive here next time do not all have deposits or prepayments waiting to claim them. I know at least one friend who has prepaid for his and avoided both the most recent general price rise and the previous increase (late last year I think) in Australia too .

What is for sure is if you aren't on a list with a reputable dealer you won't get one anytime soon! In Wetzlar I was told by management that they are in controlled production with all processes resolved but the design is extremely demanding and supply will remain very limited.

If I could justify one and get my hands on one, personally I would replace my Summilux with it as I value the very best; note that is value not NEED ;-) and very seldom use my Summilux at f/1.4. I'm not exactly suffering for the want though.

Edited by hoppyman
  • Like 1

My 50 APO, post-recall version, has landed on my doorstep from Leica NJ. The focus, which was uneven (hard to move, mainly slow but fast at some distances), and made a slight shhhh noise, is now silky smooth and absolutely quiet. The focus is spot on at f2 and all other f-stops and at all distances.

Leica NJ fixed the lens in about a month, just in time for a trip. Thank you, Leica!

For those of you, who reported some difficulties with the focus mechanism, a lens checkup may be in order.

• Like 1

Mine just mystically appeared at a friend's door stop (working offshore) without a note from B&H, not even email.

Other than that I cannot instantly enjoy it, I found out the serial is 4235xxx, first batch of the corrected lens from April~

Overall I just can't wait for my next holiday release!!!:D

I wonder how many have been received in Australia?

I decided to re-add myself to the waiting list to avoid the price rise.

(I took myself off a list last year when I read about the flare issues and production delays; the money was used to buy another lens).

Some deliveries have just happened in Australia last week.

• Like 1

Mine just mystically appeared at a friend's door stop (working offshore) without a note from B&H, not even email.

Other than that I cannot instantly enjoy it, I found out the serial is 4235xxx, first batch of the corrected lens from April~

Overall I just can't wait for my next holiday release!!!:D

4235... Is new batch. Just got mine few weeks ago.

Got a call from a dealer that he has just received an APO50 that I told him I wanted like 18 moths ago. Frankly I had forgotten about this request since I already have had an APO50 for some months now.

If anyone wants to contact this FL, USA dealer let me know via PM. I have no affiliation with this dealer. I was told that the main Leica guy at the shop is currently on vacation, so I believe the lens will sit until next week anyway.

Mine is 4204XXX, delivered in late February, 2014, via an official Leica dealer (after a one-year wait). I was told it was from the first batch made after the production halt due to the central veiling-spot issue. It has no issues whatsoever in backlight situations.

Just spoke to my dealer (NY suburb) and my lens has come in. A bit more than 10 months from order. I'll get it tomorrow. I am really looking forward to this.

• Like 1