Name this car....

Nigel's comment reminded me that Peter Read is a collector who is crazy about Aston Martins as well as Zagato, suggesting that this may be a recent AM Zagato, and therefore based on a recent AM.  I can't deduce anything else, but I certainly like your 575 based Ferrari Zagato photo

Ah OK.

It's the Aston Martin DB9 Zagato Centennial Volante from 2103. It was shown in Kensington Gardens (about 500yds from my front door) during the centenary celebrations and I think later presented at Pebble Beach. It is unique as is it's "sister" coupe although that was based on the DBS V12 coupe rather than the DB9 (Gen 4) V12 Volante.

Both cars were contracted from production cars which were sent to Zagato for the commissions (so I can't see that Zagato didn't know who they were building them for??) and were both designed by Norihiko Harada

Edited by NigelG

Right you are.................but  I wouldn't begin to guess which Leica Peter must have  -  I took these images with my M240-P with a 35mm Summilux FLE on it, when I chatted with him at the Monterey Historics a couple of years ago.

JZG

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I was assuming the M10 Zagato.......😉

From the other day - excuse the London street grime (only grey cars work here!)

An interesting version of a reasonably common model here.

10 hours ago, John Z. Goriup said:

Porsche Boxster Spyder ?

JZG

Sorry for the delay (long haul flight....)

Correct! A pretty yet dirty version parked next to a more prosaic cousin 

• Like 1

For a change, let's try a really easy one.

Make & model please.

JZG

Wilson, Hector, et al

It is my hope that posting this clue of a sliver of the motor of one of the most famous and well-known cars of the early part of the 20th century did not come across as being condescending or insultingly simplistic - it certainly wasn't intended as such. Rather, my reasoning behind the choice of a more easily identifyable car is merely an attempt to expand the appeal of this thread to a broader base of members with a more casual interest in the automotive field, and thus to hopefully involve members beyond the familiar handful of 'usual suspects' who seem to be posting and identifying ever more esoteric, rare, specialized & challenging examples known only to the most rabid of enthusiasts who live & breathe this stuff.

Yes I'll accept the year as a demonstration that one knows exactly what car they're talking about herel, but again, I still feel it's necessary for a member offering a guess / definitive identification, thus earning the right to post the next mystery car, to 'allocute' in full the make and the model of the car in question.

As a final point, I respectfully submit that one of the hard & fast rules of participating in this thread should be to leave google, pinterest, or other third-party sources of photos out of it...........if you haven't got anything to post- pass your turn on to the next member, but please, only post photos you've taken.

JZG

• Like 2

John, 

I totally appreciated what you were doing, which is why I did not jump in with the answer and left it for others. I do sometimes submit photos taken by my father or grandfather but as they would also have been taken with their Leicas, I feel they do meet the spirit of the thread. I could not begin to guess the year, as there were so few visible changes during its production lifetime. The engine of our quite early version is almost identical to the engine in our very late version, actually made after production had stopped in the UK. Many were also upgraded during their life, fitting four speed gearboxes and overdrives, bigger brakes, different wheels and tyres, etc. 

Wilson

To try to move this post off dead-center and hopefully get someone to offer a guess ................ another clue.

I also appreciate John's comments above, but to be honest posting a picture of a very early 20th century engine and then a headlight is all very interesting, but still really appeals to a narrow group.  As everyone in that narrow group knows what this famous car is, perhaps it's time to put the rest of us simple mortals out of our misery ...