• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest trond
Nope, still 7 for me.

Also still 7 for me using a SanDisk 32GB Ulta SC card (15MB/s).

I did not expect the new firmware to increase the number of shots in the buffer, as this is a RAM buffer that is fixed inside the camera, and cannot be increased without a hardware upgrade.

However, the write speed from camera to card is now a little bit faster.

The camera buffer with seven uncompressed DNGs writes to the card in 24 seconds.

This corresponds to a write speed from camera buffer to the SD card of 10.63 MB/s.

With the old firmware the write speed was approx 8.5 MB/s on the same SanDisk 32GB Ultra card.

Best regards

Trond

For me, coding the c/v 15mm as a WATE actually makes the problem worse - the vignetting correction brightens the area of the red stain and makes it more obvious. I just use an uncoded LTM-M adapter. But obviously Cosina lenses are not Leica's problem and I don't hold them accountable.

Just downloaded and updated the camera.

First impressions:

Image preview zooms much faster.

Card formatting is much faster, no comparison to previously.

Took a couple of shots with the C/V 12mm unfortunately early evening here, my initial impression is that red corners are significantly reduced. I never really had an issue with my WATE so haven't tested this one yet.

Will run a few more shots tomorrow morning and report back.

Are you using the 12mm uncoded? I have found that coding it as the 21mm Elmarit 11134 works pretty well, correcting most of the vignetting and cyan, and leaving just a bit of red on the bottom, and this was with firmware 1.002. I will try it tonight with the new firmware when I get home.

Jeff

For me, coding the c/v 15mm as a WATE actually makes the problem worse - the vignetting correction brightens the area of the red stain and makes it more obvious. I just use an uncoded LTM-M adapter. But obviously Cosina lenses are not Leica's problem and I don't hold them accountable.

Hi There!

Try to manually set it to the 28 2.0 ! That one gave rather interesting results, both for the 21 4.0 CV as well as for the 15 4.5 CV.

On the 15 I have on the left hand side still some tint... but unless i shoot snow that would not really matter.

Regarding the 21 CV - it almost looks perfect now.

rgds

JPH

Guest trond

Serial number of the camera now shows up in the EXIF data.

Formatted card now displays the name "LEICA M9" instead of "NO NAME".

Best regards

Trond

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Solved the biggest in use problem for me which was super slow zooming of uncompressed DNGs. Now it's as fast as compressed, which is much faster than it was before the upgrade. That's all I've looked into so far, and it means I can leave "uncompressed" set all the time, even in situations where I have to check critical focus on the fly. (Well, "have to" is relative of course, somehow we get away with it using film!)

I am new to posting to the Forum, but have been reading it for some time both before and after I received my M9. I have also owned an M8 for several years before purchasing my M9, and have downloaded successfully the firmware updates to the M8.

I just downloaded the directions and the firmware zipped file for the M9, followed the directions exactly (same procedure as updating the firmware on my M8), and tried to install the firmware update into my camera. After turning on the camera, I do not get any prompt at all.

The memory card is recognized by the camera (I have been using it for a couple of months for images), the firmware file is the only file on the memory card (m9-1_116.upd upd file 5,272kb), but still no joy.

Any suggestions?

Dennis

Make sure you put the update in the highest level of the card, that is it should NOT be in any folder on the card, but should be visible outside of the Folder on the card. Drop the update into the icon of the card.

I am curious...does the new firmware give a option to manually select the 18/3.8 now. I have been using the WATE at 18 for my Zeiss 18/4 without good results. Of course cornerfix solves that problem. Thanks!