Your opinion about L-Camera TV

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I liked it a lot.

It is always good to see what kind of professionalism, resources (time, money, equipment) and commitment some people put into their work.

Like Frank Zappa once said: "..without it, well,.. you cannot have quality then"

I just hope and pray that Leica will continue this tradition in the future.

Love,

Lars

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you show us the repair operation, particularly the one in New Jersey? Especially the process to log pieces of equipment, inform the owner of progress, and how the equipment is stored while it is waiting for service? Also show us the parts inventory?

Andreas,

Thanks -- I enjoyed it and found it informative, although I had to play it via YouTube rather than the forum link -- I just couldn't get that to run fast enough on my machine/connection (so thanks to the OP who originally suggested that).

Personally I would have liked a bit more detail, and maybe even a touch more length.

The first version of L-Camera TV was great. I aquired my first Leica a month ago, and I really enjoyed seeing the pride of the people in the manufacturing as they made the cameras... this would have never come across in a text article. Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next edition.

Paul

Hi,

After we released our first L-Camera TV with our video shoot in Solms we counted 25,000 viewers and many websites linked to it.

L-Camera TV #1 - Does Leica still make MP and M7?

We received plaudit and constructive criticism - so L-Camera TV is going to be continued.

My question:

How did you like the first video and what are your ideas for the next shows of L-Camera TV?

Regards

Andreas

I think a little more planning and production values need to be higher. The interview was "stiff" and the people looked like you were pointing a gun at them! Planning planning planning! And liaisons with your subjects!!

I think a little more planning and production values need to be higher. The interview was "stiff" and the people looked like you were pointing a gun at them! Planning planning planning! And liaisons with your subjects!!

Thanks for these points - I already learned a lot in the first issue and I'm optimistic the nex ones become better...

Planning is definitely the key...

Regards

Andreas

Congratulations to all concerning for bringing this to our desktops.

A good start and insight into a wonderful camera.

I think the manufacturing process of individual parts (optics-body -housing - internal components etc) would also be very interesting to see.

The assembly whilst interesting in its own right,only shows half the picture.

Noel

Hi - just checked it out..!

Did not work well - not well at all...I see others felt it worked well.http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/images/icons/icon4.gif

Since I managed to view the EuroVision Song Contest Final in streaming video LIVE (in LA, CA) from Russia for a full 3.5 hours without a glitch enjoying great stereo sound and wide aspect video at a totally no-complaint frame rate...I have to conclude that the technology used was somewhat less than optimal....(the Russians sure did a great job...)

(very humble DSL and not your most current Mac at my end...still, astounding streaming from that Great Nation...)

.....U got some tweaking to do as far as I am concerned

shall wish to have an outline for example of the After-Sales Service (ASS) , how it works and which are the technicians or the engineers who work on the workshop with the instruments of control.

That would be extremely interesting, seeing how a camera that have to be fixed up is followed by the service folks from the moment it arrives to the moment it goes.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...