Rumour comes of 35mm f1.4 Steel Rim re-issue in black paint

Warton

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 minutes ago, gotium said:

Is this for real???

Yes it is, in some markets difficult to enforce but then your relationship is over for priority purchase plus that market may be penalise for future limited editions. It is strangely weird and might change in the future, because some collectors are extremely unhappy about it. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gotium said:

Is this for real???

The Noctilux 50/1.2 chrome surely did.

Leica wants to make sure that if you sell straight after (and not to them), you will be excluded from the elite pre-sale list and not be the diamond 💎 member anymore…. It’s like Herbalife.

Edited by Al Brown
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't the "no selling on" clause part of the deal with the Noctilux f0.95 Titanium?  I remember some comment as to whether it was legally enforceable or not, but I haven't seen any of these lenses being offered for sale.  Even Schouten doesn't have it listed 😳

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, T25UFO said:

Wasn't the "no selling on" clause part of the deal with the Noctilux f0.95 Titanium?  I remember some comment as to whether it was legally enforceable or not, but I haven't seen any of these lenses being offered for sale.  Even Schouten doesn't have it listed 😳

I personally saw a 50/1.2 silver chrome second hand, very good condition, in HK recently. Asking for USD 80K.

Someone is selling those stuff for sure, you just need to know where to look. HK market is full of these kind of exotic stuff, watches, camera...etc you name it.

Edited by Warton

I honestly don't know what the original version of the black version was like but the new one should be in black anodized finish with a weight of approximately 185 grams. I don't know anything more except that I will happily keep my reissue  chrome steel rim. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crem said:

有没有人把普通版的钢圈再版进行镀铬和黑漆处理?我还没有看到过这个镜头的关东重画。我拥有它,但我仍然不知道它的外部是否是全黄铜的。9000 欧元,它是更好的黄铜,焦点低至 0.7m!

yes , Kanto camera Japan has done two examples with glossy black paint. 

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, Al Brown said:

The Noctilux 50/1.2 chrome surely did.

Leica wants to make sure that if you sell straight after (and not to them), you will be excluded from the elite pre-sale list and not be the diamond 💎 member anymore…. It’s like Herbalife.

8 hours ago, patrickcolpron said:

Yes it is, in some markets difficult to enforce but then your relationship is over for priority purchase plus that market may be penalise for future limited editions. It is strangely weird and might change in the future, because some collectors are extremely unhappy about it. 

8 hours ago, Warton said:

Even it's real it wouldn't have legal bindings. I signed contract, I sell the lens right after walking out of the door. What Leica can do, sue me? Highly unlikely. Ban me from buying any more lenses? not practically enforceable.

This is just so weird. A world I clearly don’t belong to. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, T25UFO said:

I saw at least one on the chinese market

On 3/18/2024 at 4:13 PM, Al Brown said:

...But! An absolutely GENIUS way to make millions on Leica’s side: Make a 9500€ lens from leftover regular parts in an otherwise unobtainable finish and sell just to collectors and high rollers in ultra limited 250 pieces - it is sold out in a heartbeat, securing you a hefty 2.5 million dollars in just a blink of an eye. Chapeau...

Yup. Congrats to the team in Wetzlar; I'm happy for them!

😺

Philip.

2 minutes ago, leicarolla said:

I have the VL 35f1.4 Nokton SC. Gives you all the glow without being obnoxious. It's black. It's not pricey. 

A $5 tote bag can perform the same duties or even better than a $5000 LV.

But people still buy LV.

4 minutes ago, Warton said:

A $5 tote bag can perform the same duties or even better than a $5000 LV.

But people still buy LV.

People do buy LV bags. Thats correct. Also some people buy $5 tote bags that work well for them. 

But back to the lens topic. I just said, I have the 35f1.4 Nokton. Performs great. Comes in black. Not pricey. 

10 hours ago, leicarolla said:

I just said, I have the 35f1.4 Nokton. Performs great. Comes in black. Not pricey. 

This is the Steel Rim black re-issue topic thread. Voigtlanders are on another floor.

• Haha 2

Hello

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2