CF card for SL3?

7 hours ago, hoolyproductions said:

Oops thanks, had not noticed I was mixing terminology (but am aware I need CFExpress). I'm looking at a Lexar 512Gb with approx 1700 MB/s. There has been another similar thread since I posted this and I got some useful info also there. 

That is the exact card I got for my SL3.  I obviously do not have a ton of mileage on it, but I have had no issues with it.

7 hours ago, hoolyproductions said:

Oops thanks, had not noticed I was mixing terminology (but am aware I need CFExpress). I'm looking at a Lexar 512Gb with approx 1700 MB/s. There has been another similar thread since I posted this and I got some useful info also there. 

and there is CF Express type B, and type A which sony camera uses.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 minutes ago, Dr. G said:

Can the SL3 use a CFexpress B 4.0 card?

Yes, but you will only get 3.0 speeds on the camera (CFexpress is based on PCIe, and that is backwards compatible). If you have a 4.0 reader though, you can get 4.0 speeds downloading to your computer.

• Like 1

See if you can buy the CF Express 4 Type B.  Got mine from Amazon at a really good price of S$254.

The CF Express 4 is 3400MB/s as opposed to the normal 1700MB/s.  Works really fast on the SL3.  Ordered another piece as a backup since it was on offer.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 10:37 AM, fotonutzz said:

See if you can buy the CF Express 4 Type B.  Got mine from Amazon at a really good price of S$254.

The CF Express 4 is 3400MB/s as opposed to the normal 1700MB/s.  Works really fast on the SL3.  Ordered another piece as a backup since it was on offer.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I saw this offer on Amazon, I am considering to get for my SL3. 

So far you using it and it works well? 

2 hours ago, charles tay said:

I saw this offer on Amazon, I am considering to get for my SL3. 

So far you using it and it works well? 

I have the 1TB version and it works like a charm.

• Haha 1

I have not had any trouble with the 1700 mb/s CF B cards in the Hasselblad X2D, which is 100mp.  The cost is $299 per 1TB vs. $254 for 512mb (according to Amazon offer above). 

For video or long bursts of very high shutter speeds, you might need faster memory.  For standard shooting, small bursts and landscape work, the higher speeds gain nothing.

Look for cards that stand the temperature and weather requirements for your shooting, and spend less, always with a quality brand.

IMHO.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, davidmknoble said:

For standard shooting, small bursts and landscape work, the higher speeds gain nothing.

In camera that’s correct, but not when connecting the card to a computer with the right reader, port and cable.

As a side note, the Prograde CFe type 4 1TB works also very well on the X2D.

Edited by Hanno

On 3/23/2024 at 12:29 PM, Hanno said:

In camera that’s correct, but not when connecting the card to a computer with the right reader, port and cable.

As a side note, the Prograde CFe type 4 1TB works also very well on the X2D.

I agree with the extra speed to download to a computer.  I am simply suggesting the speed is not necessary for the camera.  If I am downloading 1,000 images, I typically start it and leave to go do something else.  Either way, they are all typically faster than the SD cards.

I’ll look at the Progrades, thanks for the tip!

• Like 1