Copy stand for M11?

Stevegarza

I teamed a BEOON with an LCD-based light panel, and tried several 50mm lenses, and found that the best results came from a 1938 f/3.5 Elmar that I'd inherited from my father some 50 years ago. I documented my experience with this combo in an article published in 'Viewfinder' issue 54/4.

You don’t need to buy a BEOON, any copy stand will do as long as you don’t practice tap dancing while making an exposure, just sit still for half a second. The key is in a good macro lens, I use a 60mm Micro Nikkor for 35mm and 120, and with a great and reasonably priced micro lens like that you’d just need a cheap Nikon to Leica adapter (it’s only a spacer, nothing critical). A good light source is essential, a Kaiser Planolite is ideal. And then you only need a film carrier, anything will do that keeps the film flat.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A handy basic copy setup for negatives and slides is the "Negative Supply Essential 35mm Film Scanning - Freestyle Exclusive" from Freestyle Photo. It includes the stand, LED light box for 35mm. film holder for negatives, etc. A little finicky to set up, but once you have the stand height set for 1:1 for your macro lens it doesn't need adjustments. I added their holder for slides, which arrived today. I use a Macro Elmarit-R 60mm, and couldn't find my R-M adapter today, so here's my first try with the setup with a Kodachrome slide taken in 1949 of me with my dad copied using an A7 III. I inherited my Uncle's IIIc which I believe he used to take this shot. Just held back the highlights a bit, but a very easy setup to use. Should work fine with an M11 and appropriate macro lens.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by TomB_tx
  • Like 2