Manual for the M11 or M11-P is online now (firmware 2.0)

scott kirkpatrick

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It is intended for the M11-P, but it covers all the firmware improvements up to the present, and everything seems to also apply to the M11 as well.   (Except for the half page covering Content Credentials)

https://leica-camera.com/sites/default/files/pm-102547-leica-m11-p_instructions_en_2.0.pdf

Edited by scott kirkpatrick
  • Thanks 4

I've had an M11 since they started shipping, and preferred it to the M10-R which I was also using.  So I sold the R and just got an M11-P as my second M camera.  The M11-P and M11 are essentially the same and the prices are, too.  The $200 extra pays for hard glass on the back screen and a much bigger internal memory chip.  The cosmetic differences don't matter to me and they are small.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2023 at 9:44 PM, scott kirkpatrick said:

I've had an M11 since they started shipping, and preferred it to the M10-R which I was also using.  So I sold the R and just got an M11-P as my second M camera.  The M11-P and M11 are essentially the same and the prices are, too.  The $200 extra pays for hard glass on the back screen and a much bigger internal memory chip.  The cosmetic differences don't matter to me and they are small.

As much as i would love to, im stuck with my m10r bp … but i prefer m11 practically… keep saying the same thing but that battery and usb c is my most treasured features… congrats scott 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 2:44 PM, scott kirkpatrick said:

It’s not the same price for long - at least not here in New Zealand. 

The standard 11 is about to get a price drop to ensure the P is the more expensive by a better margin!

• Haha 1

Thanks for the heads up about the documentation. The 11P and Content Credentials speak to me from the digital security and information integrity points of view, but my work is not generally published, but rather hung on walls. Each print is in a hand built frame I've gotten used to knocking out, and each print bears an ink signature. 

Maybe by the time we're talking about the M12 there'll be further integration of of the hardware into the Leica lineup in general. I hope so. 

• Like 1