M11 FIRMWARE UPDATE WISH LIST

NDTPHOTOGRAPHY

• Leica has separated the Focus Aid from Focus Peaking. There should be a way to choose using them in the same menu item where you decide if you want one or both when actuating the Function button next to the Shutter button. Focus Peaking is buried under Info Profiles. Either put both there or create a new folder with both in it.

•There's a software flaw that needs firmware fixing. After creating User Profiles with different DNG Resolution sizes (60, 36MP), when I change to the other size, the read out in the Quick Menu DNG touch button doesn't change to the new size. If I go into the DNG Resolution item on Menu page  2, the correct resolution is shown for that User Profile. Also, if I bring up the sliding bar when clicking on the DNG Resolution touch button in the Quick Menu, the correct resolution is shown there but when the camera returns to the Quick Menu page, the item shown is still wrong. This is very disconcerting.  I reported this to the Los Angeles Leica Store and they were able to duplicate the flaw on another M11.

4 minutes ago, cldp said:

• Leica has separated the Focus Aid from Focus Peaking. There should be a way to choose using them in the same menu item where you decide if you want one or both when actuating the Function button next to the Shutter button. Focus Peaking is buried under Info Profiles. Either put both there or create a new folder with both in it.

•There's a software flaw that needs firmware fixing. After creating User Profiles with different DNG Resolution sizes (60, 36MP), when I change to the other size, the read out in the Quick Menu DNG touch button doesn't change to the new size. If I go into the DNG Resolution item on Menu page  2, the correct resolution is shown for that User Profile. Also, if I bring up the sliding bar when clicking on the DNG Resolution touch button in the Quick Menu, the correct resolution is shown there but when the camera returns to the Quick Menu page, the item shown is still wrong. This is very disconcerting.  I reported this to the Los Angeles Leica Store and they were able to duplicate the flaw on another M11.

I have found that bugs are best reported at technicalinfo@leicacamerausa.com.

• Like 2

1 Add EFCS as a shutter option.

2. Perspective control.

3. Expand the list of functions available to custom buttons.

4. Fotos for Android with same functionality. (Shouldn't have to request this!!)

5. Picture in picture focus aid option.

6. Allow rear screen to be used as touchpad (like X1D) when using Visoflex. 

7. Make DNG size indicator more readable. Perhaps each size could have it's own colour so you know what size you're shooting in.

Gordon

• Like 1

I have found the same firmware flaw when switching between DNG sizes via user profiles and already reported it to Leica Germany.

Additions I would like to see:

-  possibility to combine 2sec selftimer and exposure bracketing

- additional exposure metering „Save highlights“ as in the SL2

• Like 3

It might be a long shot, but I would like ability to Connect my Ninja V to the USB-C port, similar to SL2-S (HDMI) Ie. video making with external hard drive and monitor. this setup will case less heat build up and power consumption for the M body, This also means that video ability do not have to be added to the camera, only firmware to allow external monitor to access sensor with some internal data transfer. 

M body will function much better on gimbal then SL2-S due to weight limits, also Connection port on the bottom is more convenient for less clutter setup.,  total weigh and weight Distribution of M system or M with R adapter and R glasses. 

Cheers P

Naming files on M11 seems limited to letters. I used to indicate the date of shooting by 0121... for jan2021 so I immediately know when the picture has been taken looking at its number.

I don't think it would be very difficult to reintroduce numbers for that.

Edited by Gelatino

On 1/20/2022 at 2:42 PM, cldp said:

I have reported this bug also.

My list:

Mass storage mode for USB

Perspective control

Fix the profile/file size indicator bug

Option to allow the spot meter spot to stay in the center (solution for now is to make sure it is centered and then turn off the screen)

Allow two or three characters for file names (e.g. "M11")

Most of mine have been asked for already :) , but my $0.02.

1. Perspective control - Didn't realize how much I got used to this on my M10
  2. DNG (SD) + JPG (Int) option for files
  3. RAW Histogram - Likely not possible, but would be very useful