I Love My M6!

• 2 weeks later...

My M6 "classic" with Summicron 50mm f/2 :) I have owned it for about 1 month. Love it :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Larsnl
  • Like 6

I noticed that some M6s have the "M6" logo like the M7. What's the deal with those? Why did Leica change that to "LEICA M6" and then back with the M7? When the red dot already says Leica I don't see much sense in writing Leica again on the front.

Poking around on this forum and RFF (plus a couple of other places) it looks like the M6 only logo was a short lived after the move to Solms. With the change from Leitz to Leica some top plates were made only indicating M6 and the Leica red round announced the company. Some indications point to the M6 only was a European release only but it would be good to hear from someone with more information.

• Like 1

I've got my M6 (1994) a few months back ... my M8 got kind of degraded to be my secondary camera ever since that day. I love my M8 but my M6 drives me crazier. When leaving the house I somehow always grab the M6 instead the M8...

• Like 5

Anyone know how I can get a black Leica Dot?

Leica put one on for me during service. Not sure it will work, but you could call them and ask if they can send you one for a fee.

I once ordered red dots from Adeal (adeal.com.au). They might perhaps have black ones too.