KPD

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Good day.

I am a recent convert to the SL2 system.  I'm finding the Mode Selection function (P A S M) of the rear thumb wheel is problematic, particularly when shooting images in colder weather with gloves on. I've reviewed the owners documentation and spoken to my Leica store but there appears to be no option to either reprogram or disable this function. Does anyone know of a solution that will allow for reprograming or disabling this?  I note that on the thumb wheel on the M11 this is a fully programable option.  Many thanks for any suggestions.

Best,

Ken Dono

Thanks for the reply.  I have seen this.  What happens though is that if you press the thumb wheel in, accidentally in my case (have dumb fingers), it changes to mode selection regardless of how the wheel is programmed. My apologies for not being clearer on this.  

16 minutes ago, KPD said:

Thanks for the reply.  I have seen this.  What happens though is that if you press the thumb wheel in, accidentally in my case (have dumb fingers), it changes to mode selection regardless of how the wheel is programmed. My apologies for not being clearer on this.  

Yes it's a problem and can't be fixed unfortunately, especially with gloves like you mentioned .

If you’re pressing the thumb wheel while trying to turn the wheel, then it probably means your gloves don’t have enough trip on the thumb and you could try to find some different gloves that have more dexterity and friction/grip on the thumb.

If the thumb wheel is getting pressed while it’s hanging on your neck, then you can use a Thumbs Up as a protector to keep the wheel from getting pressed when the camera bumps up against something.