Q2 and SL2S

yes,    i just got a sl2-s with an apo-summicron-sl 1:2/28 asph    in addition to my q2;   i will keep the q2 for its unobstrusiveness, small size and low weight; and i added  the sl2-s for its better image-stabilization  and  better low-light  performance,. which will hopefully help me to cope with my strong tremor; i have not had time yet to test it;  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, charles tay said:

Is there any owners here using both Q2 and SL2S. 

Which lens did you pair up with SL2S? Thanks. 

I own a Q2 and considering to pair up SL2S with M lens 50mm or maybe pair with 24-70mm SL lens. not decided.

Q2 + SL Summicron 90 on the SL2 or SL2-S makes for a great kit. With Q2's resolution, 28mm-50mm (latter with cropping) is more than adequate for my needs, so this combo covers most of what one might need in the 28-90mm range.

I went with SL2 instead of SL2-S as cropping on 47MP easily gives me upto 135MM equivalent with the SL 90 Summicron. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ravinj said:

Q2 + SL Summicron 90 on the SL2 or SL2-S makes for a great kit. With Q2's resolution, 28mm-50mm (latter with cropping) is more than adequate for my needs, so this combo covers most of what one might need in the 28-90mm range.

I went with SL2 instead of SL2-S as cropping on 47MP easily gives me upto 135MM equivalent with the SL 90 Summicron. 

wow its a good idea to use APS C mode and get your 90mm to 135mm and yet you have sufficient MP. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2021 at 3:50 PM, charles tay said:

wow its a good idea to use APS C mode and get your 90mm to 135mm and yet you have sufficient MP. 

that's what I thought, but then people have been saying that using a TL (APS-C) lense on the SL2-S and ending up with something akin to 10MP is in fact still more than enough for most people.   And the price difference to get the extra pixels is not inconsiderable....   just some more thoughts for you :)

• Like 1

I have a Q2 Monochrom and a Q2 and I have decided to trade the Q2 for an SL2S.  I was on the fence for a while and even contemplated an M...but I keep reading all of these wonderful reviews of the SL2s...then I stopped by the DC store and they let me walk around the block with the floor model (with the 24-70) and I am sold.  I will be trading next week.  I figure the SL2s and the Q2M is a great kit...

• Like 2