Nicht immer nur Kaviar ... (English Version)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mark 1 version of the 1950's style Brownie, Curzon Cinema café, London 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Couple of Brownie images, straight from the same camera unedited, using the Rerapan 127 iso 100 film in the picture; Harley Davidson at rue des Abbesses, Paris 18e

Edited by robert_parker
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Budapest, Hungary 

Edited by robert_parker
  • Like 6

......the taming of the Albatross.   Recent changes to my 1938 Perfex Speed Candid, Working with the “ gargantuan” size problem, how ‘bout a big honking lens hood?  This is a Corfield Periflex hood fits perfect, also a filter adapter within.  The Perfex had no strap lugs. I made a set from steel, heat blue and then black enameled.  The 1/2” square pieces held on by JB Weld.    That proved the way to put on a big wide “hippie” strap, to make carrying the 2 1/4 lb camera easier.    ••••••. I’ve found actually using the camera very easy,  it’s especially nice to hold doing verticals.  

• Like 7

For this weekend:

Leica I and Voigtländer Superb

Voigtländer Bergheil 6x9

yours sincerely
Thomas

• Like 7

Probably not the right forum for this question.

The Canon zoom finder I bought the other day has some confusing markings.

Along side the white numbers for 35, 40, 45, and 50 it has in yellow 21, 25 and 28.

The white numbers seem to match the view through a Tewe zoom finder. 

So what do the yellow numbers mean? Would they be for a half-frame/cine camera? The only picture of this style of  finder on the Canon website shows one for longer focal length lenses.

Edited by Pyrogallol

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, thomas_schertel said:

For this weekend:

Leica I and Voigtländer Superb

Voigtländer Bergheil 6x9

yours sincerely
Thomas

The Bergheil was my Fathers “Good Camera”.   He taught me how to use it, and said the Goal was 12 perfect pictures every roll.  I’m not sure if he knew it had interchangeable lenses....I didn’t realize it until recently. 

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Ambro51:

The Bergheil was my Fathers “Good Camera”.   He taught me how to use it, and said the Goal was 12 perfect pictures every roll.  I’m not sure if he knew it had interchangeable lenses....I didn’t realize it until recently. 

The Heliar is a very good lens. I have a Telomar to be screwed into the shutter instead of the Heliar. Sadly there are no bayonet rings to be found for other shutters.

yours sincerely
Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

Instant Kodak Hawkeye collection from the freebie box at my local dealer.

Hawkeye, Hawkeye Ace Deluxe and Baby Hawkeye.

• Like 4

I am a little bit mad,

but for every system I need a bellows:

Nikon PB-4. It is tiltable and can be shifted, but the image circle of my lenses is too small. I happened to adapt a 135 Tessar for 13x18 cm²

yours sincerely
Thomas

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, thomas_schertel said:

I am a little bit mad

but for every system I need a bellows:

Nikon PB-4. It is tiltable and can be shifted, but the image circle of my lenses is too small. I happened to adapt a 135 Tessar for 13x18 cm²...

Thomas! That is, without a doubt, one of the most wonderfully eccentric camera set-ups I've ever seen posted. Chrome F with Black WLF, selenium cell meter and all. Marvellous stuff!

Thanks for posting!

Philip.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pippy said:

Thomas! That is, without a doubt, one of the most wonderfully eccentric camera set-ups I've ever seen posted. Chrome F with Black WLF, selenium cell meter and all. Marvellous stuff!

Thanks for posting!

Philip.

.......AND, a skinny neck strap, in case you take the rig on a walkabout!    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Recently arrived, a quite rare 1942 wartime Perfex Model 22.  Quite dusty/dirty it cleaned up to reveal what is probably an unused camera.  Absolutely no “tell tale” marks, no pressure plate wear marks....the wartime black painted knobs pristine.   It was operational from the get go, with no pinholes in the shutter curtains!   The slow speeds all worked, the shutter winds and fires correctly, with vigor.  This being an interchangeable lens camera, I’ve screwed on the Graf Anastigmat off my Speed Candid.  This was an option back in the day.  Being a focusing lens itself, when at close focus, added to the cameras built in focusing, this can shoot  to 18”.  .....I’m understanding the extinction meter, but the index letters are so small it’s tough to see them.  There is a logic with the system.   •••• This is a Really nice camera to handle, nice on the hands.  It weighs 1014 grams with the (heavy) Graf lens, and No strap lugs...   First Roll is in now....PS, this was $35 off eBay ....What probably sidelined this camera after roll number one back in 194:2 was that when I first examined it, I found the large rewind knob turning, but Not turning the index shaft into the film cassette.  Ha!  Tightened the very loose small Allen set screws and problem solved!••••••••This is a really nicely styled camera, especially for 1939 when this model came out.  Considering the plethora of archaic folders, box cameras, Kodak monstrosities.....Perfex has a clean no nonsense approach.   As an aside,  check out the Perfex Deluxe Manual off the Butkus site,  Sixty Six Pages!!!   Probably the most comprehensive photo camera Manual I’ve Ever seen.  It even covers composition, developing, printing..  everything! ••••• One thong they point out is 80% of unsharpness in negatives is camera movement during shutter application.   The camera itself has the finest shutter release I’ve ever felt.  As mentioned in the manual, your second pad of the index finger rests on the wind knob for support.  Pressing the shutter down, you feel a spring pressure, then a slight “click”, now, a very slight slow added pressure fires the nearly silent shutter.  Designed “with thought”  (I keep thinking “35 bucks,  you know what $35 gets you in the Leica collector world?  A filter (with a scratch) 😉

Edited by Ambro51
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Another lens for my small collection of long Exakta mount lenses, that I can use with an Exakta to Leica screw adaptor.

Schneider 180mm f5.5 Tele-Xenar, Circa 1952-3. It has two filter threads, 40.5mm and 52mm, both common sizes which is good.

• Like 3

I have an LTM direct mount version of 18cm f4.5 Schneider lens from about 1947 or 1948.  When I bought it, I thought it was for the PLOOT reflex housing.

• Like 5

On the subject of long lenses......according to Period advertisements the Perfex Camera has 4” and 6” tslephotos as accessories.  I’ve Yet to see one imaged on the web or for sale....anyone ever had one?  I’d love to find one of the 11/32” extension tubes.   That would allow the TTH Cooke Amotal from the Foton to go onto the Perfex!0

Ki

Edited by Ambro51
My toe hurts
  • Like 2

Schneider 30 cm f5.5 lens for PLOOT.  The year is about 1939.

• Like 6