Nicht immer nur Kaviar ... (English Version)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

17 hours ago, zeitz said:

Schneider 30 cm f5.5 lens for PLOOT.  The year is about 1939.

Perhaps a picture of an Exakta version of this lens would also be of interest.  The two lenses are 25 serial numbers apart.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, zeitz said:

I have an LTM direct mount version of 18cm f4.5 Schneider lens from about 1947 or 1948.  When I bought it, I thought it was for the PLOOT reflex housing.

Zeitz, your lens dates from late 1947 and was produced by Schneider fro Leitz, in a batch of 50 lenses.

Lex

Some more Schneider for Leica: Xenar 4.5/13,5 and Xenar 3.5/10,5 uncoupled and Xenar 4.5/13,5 for Novoflex on front, Tele-Xenar 5.5/15, Xenar 4.5/13,5 and Tele-Xenar 5.5/18 back row; some are coated, some not.

• Like 4

My first post in this thread ... but not my last.  This 'collectible' likely does not require much of an introduction: 

... and I have two 'matching'  cameras ... made in Kingston upon Thames where I once lived in the 1950s. Very few of these left in original condition ... all hoovered up by Star Wars enthusiasts .  This example is an MOD issue.

Please click on the pic for a larger view of manufacturer's nameplate 

Photo taken with Leica X Vario ... my grab & use next to kitchen window 'notebook' camera.  

BW

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 7

Sadly both my two cell and three cell Graflites were stolen by the thieves at my French house along with the only camera they stole, my Graflex Crown Century with 80mm 2.8 Tessar. The 20 odd Leicas in the same room were obviously not to their taste. 

Wilson

15 minutes ago, wlaidlaw said:

Sadly both my two cell and three cell Graflites were stolen by the thieves at my French house along with the only camera they stole, my Graflex Crown Century with 80mm 2.8 Tessar. The 20 odd Leicas in the same room were obviously not to their taste. 

Wilson

I sold my Graflex flash Wilson ... regret parting with it ... especially as I undervalued 'the going rate'  over 10 years ago. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Kilfitt 1:5.6/300 Tele-Kilar on Repriskop fits to both Leica and Contax

shot with Makro-Kilar-D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, romanus53 said:

Kilfitt 1:5.6/300 Tele-Kilar on Repriskop fits to both Leica and Contax

It was clever how Kilfitt made essentially the same reflex housing work for both Leica and Contax.  Note that the thickness of the Repriskop for Leica is 64.5mm compared to 62.5mm for Leitz' PLOOT and Visoflex I.  The cable releases for the Repriskop are specific for either Leica or Contax style shutter releases.

• Like 2

The later offered Kilarflex was offered both for Leica and Contax but differ in size so you could only use the lenses with 64.5 mm on the Contax. Same for Novoflex, mirror-houses look similar in size but lenses like 135 mm Xenar with short helicoid focuses only on Leica from infinity to 1.5 m; the aditional offerd bellows compensated this difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A travel camera with Schneider Kreuznach Xenar f4.5/24cm lens, which dates from 1935. I assume the camera itself was built around that time as well. The camera doesn't have a name plate.

Lex

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb sandro:

A travel camera with Schneider Kreuznach Xenar f4.5/24cm lens, which dates from 1935.

I have seen a very similar camera in a little shop near the Leica shop in Nuremberg/Germany last year. Beautifully made, and goes to show what 'travel camera' meant in those days 🙂.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sandro said:

A travel camera with Schneider Kreuznach Xenar f4.5/24cm lens, which dates from 1935. I assume the camera itself was built around that time as well. The camera doesn't have a name plate.

Lex

I think these are often called "Tailboard" cameras and I have wondered what the reason for this name is? 

Wilson

Jack Tait Superwide 6x9 Shift Camera ... 

cont'd ...

• Like 5

cont'd ...

• Like 5

Jack Tait is a UK custom camera designer / maker.  JT's 6x9 SUPERWIDE of aluminium / brass construction is fitted with a Schneider 47mm Super-Angulon lens, two bubble levels, and a 'revolving' Mamiya RB Pro-S 6x7 roll film back. Lens covers 4x5; coverage on 6x7 is equivalent to 19mm on 135 format. Camera body has 22mm total shift movement; shift is coupled to the viewfinder mask thus no ground glass screen required ... but would be a useful addition.  One of five known JT Superwide cameras it was listed on Ffordes website approx 12 years ago. I have not used the camera  ... roll film back requires replacement light seals.

Photos taken using tripod mounted Leica X Vario / Olympus VF-2 EVF using manual focus ... ISO 200, f16, long-ish shutter speeds with 2 secs self-timer; Lastolite 60cm Cubelite / kitchen window daylight. 

dunk 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, dkCambridgeshire said:

Jack Tait is a UK custom camera designer / maker.  JT's 6x9 SUPERWIDE of aluminium / brass construction is fitted with a Schneider 47mm Super-Angulon lens, two bubble levels, and a 'revolving' Mamiya RB Pro-S 6x7 roll film back. Lens covers 4x5; coverage on 6x7 is equivalent to 19mm on 135 format. Camera body has 22mm total shift movement; shift is coupled to the viewfinder mask thus no ground glass screen required ... but would be a useful addition.  One of five known JT Superwide cameras it was listed on Ffordes website approx 12 years ago. I have not used the camera  ... roll film back requires replacement light seals.

Photos taken using tripod mounted Leica X Vario / Olympus VF-2 EVF using manual focus ... ISO 200, f16, long-ish shutter speeds with 2 secs self-timer; Lastolite 60cm Cubelite / kitchen window daylight. 

dunk 

I have always lusted after the Alpa similar extra wide camera, which on the one I saw, had lovely polish burr walnut grips. A friend had a number of the Horseman cameras, including the 6 x 17 and their ultra wide but unfortunately his wife found the receipts and that was the end of my darkroom facilities. He got the cameras, she got the house. 

Wilson

Edited by wlaidlaw
  • Like 5

Olympus OM-1n with 28mm f3.5 Zuiko lens:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Voigtländer Vito II with Color Skopar

yours sincerely
Thomas

• Like 5

Ising Puck

for film 127

yours sincerely
Thomas

• Like 9

2 hours ago, thomas_schertel said:

Ising Puck

for film 127

yours sincerely
Thomas

127... but not square, maybe (is it the finder, at right ?) ... is it a 3x4 cm / 16 frames vertical?

Edited by luigi bertolotti