Review: The New Leica APO-Summicron-M 35mm F2 ASPH.

jonoslack

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 13 Stunden schrieb ymc226:

For some reason I enjoy the rendering of the V4 more than the Summicron ASPH. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Steven:

You're not the only one

Same here. Always liked the Summicron V4 (mainly BW) and Summilux FLE (mainly color) more than the Asph. But since August the Apo-Summicron is the only lens I use. 🤔😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Am 31.10.2021 um 14:19 schrieb RF’sDelight:

@farnz Doesn't it!? 😊

@Steven I bet you need one now. 😁

@jonoslack I would guess so too. Thanks!

Since this is a review thread I reviewed this combination a little more. Here are two additional pictures this time no iPhone but TL2.

And I must add that I like the M5 very much. Of course its outer appearance is pretty quirky compared to all other Ms but this rangefinder is a joy to use. The ergonomics are very well executed, especially the exposure time wheel. And as you all probably know apart from the later M6 you can see your exposure time in the viewfinder. How cool is that?

Bonne dimanche everyone!

This can't be a coincidence! 😜

The »Leica Camera - M11 Keynote« video shows a Leica M5 with a Apo-Summicron 35 attached.

Happy to inspire you, Leica!

Edited by RF’sDelight
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 9:19 AM, RF’sDelight said:

@farnz Doesn't it!? 😊

@Steven I bet you need one now. 😁

@jonoslack I would guess so too. Thanks!

Since this is a review thread I reviewed this combination a little more. Here are two additional pictures this time no iPhone but TL2.

And I must add that I like the M5 very much. Of course its outer appearance is pretty quirky compared to all other Ms but this rangefinder is a joy to use. The ergonomics are very well executed, especially the exposure time wheel. And as you all probably know apart from the later M6 you can see your exposure time in the viewfinder. How cool is that?

Bonne dimanche everyone!

M5 = fave metered film M.  Such a sensitive meter and I love the lollipop meter display.  For me better then the diodes of an M6.  The shutter speed dial is so ergonomic.  A marketing disaster but a great camera.  Ha, ha, but now I'm mostly Sunny 16, so it's an M2 all the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...